Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians with 5.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeeps17 was updated to 5.6 from 4.5 last week by a ranger ...
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...are-5-6/page22?p=482584&viewfull=1#post482584

so we know of at least one ...

Indeed, I was updated by a ranger who came to replace my unresponsive charge port (would not release my cable, no matter what I did).

So far, no issues.

Incidentally, I got called in to work around 1 AM, and noted that my car was at 220 km range when I parked (outside, in ~7oC weather). I will post the range when I wake it up at the end of my day.

Indeed, I was updated by a ranger who came to replace my unresponsive charge port (would not release my cable, no matter what I did).

So far, no issues.

Incidentally, I got called in to work around 1 AM, and noted that my car was at 220 km range when I parked (outside, in ~7oC weather). I will post the range when I wake it up at the end of my day.

Wow, that's a long day of work. :(

I figured that there might be a delay in receiving the OTA update given that many of the areas that I park at have low cellular signal. I was experiencing issues with Bluetooth and this was starting to interfere with calls to the hospital and I went to the local Vancouver service center.

It only took a few minutes for them to load the firmware file onto the Tesla using their local connection to the dashboard and by the time I got home, the car was already prompting to install the upgrade. So far, 5.6 seems to have fixed the Bluetooth call and disconnect issues I was having but it has only been an extremely limited test.

I got 5.6 (coming from 4.5) last week during my visit at the Tesla SC in Montreal. So far so good, no noticeable bugs, except I'm a little disappointed by the new "display energy savings" feature.

If that new feature is supposed to solve the "vampire drain" problem, well, it doesn't. I had to travel to Toronto this week, so I parked my Model S at the Montreal airport on Monday morning with 183km or rated range. When I came back on Thursday evening, the car had 158km left.

That's a loss of 14% energy in less then 4 days ! It used to be worse then that (I got nearly 30% loss of energy over 4 days sometimes), but this is not even close to being acceptable in my mind.

Oh, and it's really a pain in the ass when you want to check your car's status with the mobile App, it takes for ever to connect to the car when that feature is turned on.