Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla China Beijing Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you walk into the main entrance of the mall this is what you first see ahead of you.

20130920_084201.jpg

To the immediate right is the Tesla store, fronted by this very interesting chromed sculpture of a motorcycle.

20130920_085029.jpg

The stores glass walls are covered in red with a large image of a Model S, a Go Electric graphic, and a smaller sign with an email address for store reservations.

20130920_084151_1.jpg

20130920_084359.jpg

20130920_084334.jpg

I suspect that when the store is officially opened to the public, all of this will be stripped off the glass walls so the full store interior and the Model S on display will be in plain view.

I don’t have shots of the street level side, but its glass walls are similarly covered in Tesla graphics which, when removed, will make the store interior (and the Model S on display) viewable from the street.

View attachment 31058

I suspect that when the store is officially opened to the public, all of this will be stripped off the glass walls so the full store interior and the Model S on display will be in plain view.....
Thanks for sharing!

This is the way they have been doing construction for the start. Big car image (full sized or larger) and then lot's of glass to see the car(s) inside.

Thanks for sharing. When does the store open?

Are there any Chinese blogs or forums (like TMC) where people talk about Tesla? Any idea on the amount of reservations already made in China?

Thanks,

sleepyhead

Don't know when it will open but judging from my peek into the interior it's certainly ready. I don't know the extent of the buzz in China but I'm quite sure that once it hits the streets it will sell like hotcakes. The Chinese are even more status conscious than Americans and I'm quite sure the Model S, as a luxury car that is vastly environmentally superior to BMWs and Audis (which are a dime a dozen on Beijing streets), will become a hot status item very quickly. The fact that the Model S is new and rare will add to its appeal.

- - - Updated - - -

So they have the rights to the name now?

See the news section on this. It's been widely discussed there.