Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrap interior trim ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Europe It's an option only for performance model, on standard model we just have piano black/lacewood/obeche matte/obeche glossy.

No enough money to buy the perf model, but I definitively prefer the carbon fiber on trims !!!

7racer, thank for the links ! it seems some trims must be removed to do good and precise job. But it's true that some trims on the model S can be wrapped in place, will see when I will received my model S.
For the M5, I think the original interior is not really nice !!! And I think it's not better after the wrap, to much black for my eyes !!

On the model S tan leather + carbon trim should be beautiful !!

Most trim pieces can, and should be, removed for a proper install. It's much easier to wrap around edges than to make cuts. And making cuts will always have a margin off human error. You'll obviously spend more $$ if pieces are removed and wrapped, but more importantly, make sure you find someone that is mechanically inclined as removing and replacing anything on a car requires technical know-how and excellent problem solving skills

In fact it was initially my interrogation, if the trims can be removed "easily", without brake mounting bracket, and if yes what is correct technics to remove them propely

We haven't pulled any trim pieces, but have taken door panels off. If you're experienced with this stuff, you should be able to find your way around and figure out what to pull apart. That's how we usually do things. You start somewhere and use your imagination and experience and figure out how to "undo" things. In the end, you have everything apart and re-assess how to more logically and efficiently put everything back together. But, you do need a solid understanding of what to pull and what not to force away.

As we gain more projects, we'll make sure to post photos here for all of you to reference. So far, our expertise relates to removing front end for clear film, removing door panels for tinting, etc.

No I am not experienced with this specific stuff, but I am a manual guy, normally it shouldn't be a problem for me to do that, but sometime it's great to see if someone already done the job and knows exactly what to do to remove trims properly !!

I'd like to wrap the thinner trim parts, the brushed aluminum. Do they come off easily? On the door panels they visually connect to the door handles. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to wrap those as well. Odd shape and lots of wear. Has anyone pulled of something like that?

Will be probably difficult IMO !!

In my case, I will not need to wrap them anymore, now the European configurator let the choice to choose the carbon trim option even with non performance model. So I changed my order to switch to the new configurator and I will directly have carbon trim, great !