Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone in the Bay Area get their chrome vinyl wrapped, from where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post... has anyone in the Bay Area had their Model S's chrome vinyl wrapped? There has to be one of you out there! I'm finalizing my color decision and likely going to go black, and if so: I want to black out the chrome. Ultimately, looking to replicate the look of jayfrost's car:

vinyl wrapping chrome

If you had yours done in the Bay Area, can you mention where you had it done, your general feelings on the job done, and the total price? I would sincerely appreciate it. I just moved out to the Bay Area, so I'm trying to get acquainted with the area and shops around here.

I saw these guys at a Cars and Coffee event and the former Palo Alto store. They are the guys who sell the vinyl sticker for the side marker light. They had a customer with a Model S that had the chrome wrapped in matte black. Looked very cool. Here is a link to another TMC post with pictures

http://vinylstyles.com/

I was thinking that TMC should have a custom side marker vinyl sticker made so we can identify each others cars.

I'm willing to take the lead on this if there are takers.

I was looking to black out the chrome and ran across plastidip. It seems to be a much easier and reversible method to black out the chrome, not to mention it's DIY. Search for dipyourcar's video on youtube where he dipped a black Model S.

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did anyone end up having their chrome wrapped?

I had mine done by Vinyl Styles in San Carlos. They did the cone in faux carbon fiber and the rest in a brushed gunmetal black.

I can't say enough about the quality of their work. You can't tell it's a wrap, even on the door handles and mirror accents. Probably close to two years now and the work is holding up.