Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just changed my order to a BMW i8!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just changed my order to a BMW i8! (Joke)

Just kidding!!! Slowly becoming a forum troll due to the frustrating wait for car!

Starting to think about replacing our second car with a cheaper EV. Maybe something like a VW Up, Renault Zoe or similar.

Waiting is sooo frustrating.

BTW the model S was recently tested by the Swedish Auto motor and sport. Got 4.5 out of 5 and was on the cover of the magazine in the latest number. The usual stuff. The love the car. Lack of superchargers and other charging the main issue in sweden right now. And the high price. Fully loaded tesla is 157000 USD over here... Same price as a equipped M5.

looking forward to get the car in January.

Last edited:
@Hybris

Come on, waiting till January is not so much. And main thing waiting a little bit it's worth of it. Also in Italy we are waiting for the SC network but within 2015 we will have full coverage. Also in this case it's just a matter of time. Main thing is that we will have the SC network. I think that the same thing will happen in Sweden (maybe even sooner).

... Fully loaded tesla is 157000 USD over here... Same price as a equipped M5....

How can that be, example Finnish prices:

M5: 177 000 € with 24% VAT and nearly 50% sale tax by CO2 and mass.
MSP: 119 990 € with 24% VAT and flat 5% sale tax for electric cars. (And this includes importer's profit).

(Maybe Sweden doesn't punish people, who want premium cars with big engines... This clearly lowers Sweden's Nanny State* status, compared to Finland and Norway)

*(read as Eco-Commie-Hellhole)

Last edited:
The Leaf is one of the better alternatives for a second, less expensive, EV. Heated steering wheel and rear seats, as well as front seats, are standard here in the US, even on the cheapest $28k model. Very useful in cold weather. 6.6 kW (32 kph) AC charging and 240 kph DC fast charging are now standard equipment as well.

The Zoe and Smart ED have 44 kW and 22kW 3-phase AC charging however, which may be useful in Sweden. You can use any standard 3-phase outlet with a CrOhm or similar portable EVSE.

The Ampera is a good alternative as well. You can use the ICE for heat, and for emergency "fast charging" at any gas station.

Smart ED and Leaf are the lowest cost EVs in the US, and may be in Sweden also.

Enjoy your Model S. Anticipation is part of the experience.

GSP

As I just sold my Evo X yesterday and will get my temporary replacement car until Tesla arrives some time today, then I've been driving around a rented Leaf (Estonia has an EV rental program where you can just approach the car, call a number and rent starts and car is unlocked, when you finish you bring the car to any designated charger and call a number and the rent ends and car is locked). The car is quite decent but for two things. I hate the looks of it and boy does it have crappy range. Drove today 75km in city traffic and during that had a stop when I went shopping for ca 30 minutes where the car was charging. Ended up with ca 10km less charge than I had before I started and I went from ~45km charge to ~35km charge. Seriously, simple driving around the city I needed to charge for half an hour or I wouldn't have made it. Now I only have to return the car in the next three hours so probably can nicely make it with the remaining charge if I drive in ECO mode, but I did charge yesterday evening to 124km and drove then ca 25km so in total 100km from full charge + 30 min charge at CHAdeMO fast charger (from ~35 to 95km) so I had total charged 185km worth of charge during that time and I drove 100km and I have left 35km. If I did own this car I'd be really range anxious on a busy day where I'd possibly need to drive around town a lot. So for me the only real viable electric is the Model S :)

How can that be, example Finnish prices:

M5: 177 000 € with 24% VAT and nearly 50% sale tax by CO2 and mass.
MSP: 119 990 € with 24% VAT and flat 5% sale tax for electric cars. (And this includes importer's profit).

(Maybe Sweden doesn't punish people, who want premium cars with big engines... This clearly lowers Sweden's Nanny State* status, compared to Finland and Norway)

*(read as Eco-Commie-Hellhole)

No we dont punish performance cars with a lot of tax over here... I know that Denmark, Norway and finland is terrible if you want something like a M5... On the other hand we just get 6000 USD in deducted price for an EV.., not like in norway with no import or sales tax... When they change that Tesla sales will die in norway ;-)

No we dont punish performance cars with a lot of tax over here... I know that Denmark, Norway and finland is terrible if you want something like a M5... On the other hand we just get 6000 USD in deducted price for an EV.., not like in norway with no import or sales tax... When they change that Tesla sales will die in norway ;-)

All political parties support the EV incentives in Norway, and have guaranteed that these incentives will be in place until 2017. The left loves the zero emissions, and the right loves the fact that there are cars with no taxes. I think it will be very difficult for them to try to remove the EV incentives after 2017. Political suicide.

Cars are too cheap in Sweden. You should have much higher tax on polluting cars, and use the revenue to subsidize non-polluting cars. And EVs shouldn't have to pay the congestion charges in Stockholm.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting to think about replacing our second car with a cheaper EV. Maybe something like a VW Up, Renault Zoe or similar.

I have a Mitsubishi i-Miev (also sold as Citroen C-Zero and Peuguot iOn) as my second car. It's easier to park than my Model S. :)

But winter range is only maybe 60km. It's good enough for commuting to work, shopping and driving the kids around for me here in Oslo. You should think about how long range you need for your second car.

I don't like the looks of the Leaf, but the Zoe and i3 maybe. The Zoe is not for sale yet in Norway (and I believe Sweden) because they haven't finished winterizing it.

I also have a petrol car, which I really don't like driving anymore. So noisy and slow. Almost like driving a tractor.

Yep. Tell me about it. I waited one year.

The last few weeks are the worst.

Yes and Norway should Selling the drug... Oil... ;-)

I dont Think Sweden should have the stupid tax on cars that Norway has. Sorry!

Be happy we use the drug you sell... Or stop Selling the drug before you accuse the addict... ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I dont buy the Tesla to go green. I buy it as it is a great car. Not buying it to pretend to be green. Sure in Sweden electricity is very green as its water or nuclear Power. But that is not why I buy the car. Dont pretend. I love the sick acceleration... My 1M was superb handling. This is wonderful acceleration and will replace our X5 as the family car.

Frankly, the title is not a positive way of starting a discussion. It takes away from forum quality - it's the same clickbait as "TESLA ERUPTS IN FLAMES."
It's still sh__posting even if being ironic.
That being said, I look forward to seeing a Tesla owner's review of the i8. BMW will come into this as seriously as one can expect.

Live in the stockholm area and ordered early October. January Tesla said. The are going to open both a service center and store in the end of the year. The thing about not having a confirmed date is messy as I need to sell my other car etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Sofie did you order a tesla also?

Live in the stockholm area and ordered early October. January Tesla said. The are going to open both a service center and store in the end of the year. The thing about not having a confirmed date is messy as I need to sell my other car etc.

Do what I did, sell the other car (or at least put an ad up) and if it indeed sells way before, then just get a rental or ask friends if they have a spare car you can rent from them. I'm right now driving a colleagues Mazda 6 until the Tesla arrives. Selling the Evo X was going to take a while and was a questionable timing business considering that Tesla has no store here and wouldn't buy back when I buy a Tesla so had to realize it on my own so I got started early and was able to sell my old car for a very good price in ~1 month. Now got 2-4 months of waiting for the Tesla and in that time I'm driving a rented car, costs about the same per month.

Just kidding!!! Slowly becoming a forum troll due to the frustrating wait for car!

looking forward to get the car in January.

I waied 6 months for mine. The first day I had it, the wait was worth it! I'd vote for a Fiat 500e for your 2nd car.