Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EMF Radiation

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Do we have to rehash this again? See EMF Radiation
    Merged.

Icon5 Batter/Magnetic field, personal concern

Hi everyone, I'm looking into putting down a deposit for my wife for the Model S, and I was searching for info on whether or not having such a large battery under the seats could cause any long term health problems. My main concern is the large magnetic field working under or so close to the body. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPatriots19 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm looking into putting down a deposit for my wife for the Model S, and I was searching for info on whether or not having such a large battery under the seats could cause any long term health problems. My main concern is the large magnetic field working under or so close to the body. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!
    To the best of my knowledge (physics guy who's spent a lot of time around superconducting magnets) there is no reason to be concerned. Also the only reasonable source for a magnetic field in the car is the motor, that that field is rather confined for high efficiency.

Blog Entries
    The battery doesn't generate any significant fields. The motor does, but it's further away, and there is no known effect from it. No problem.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    If you go back and read through this thread, I think you'll see that EMF is just not a concern.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    If you go back and read through this thread, I think you'll see that EMF is just not a concern.
    It was a new thread that I merged with the existing one.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    It was a new thread that I merged with the existing one.
    I didn't realize the date changed when you merged threads (thought it would keep the original date).
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses guys! Great information in this thread. I can now put down my deposit with a clear conscience!

Just as a little reference, I put my MacBook Pro up against the side of the roadster's trunk that is closest to the motor and had no problems after.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth OVER doing. - Mythbusters

Debunking Pseudoscience is fun!

Arctic White Roadster 2.5 #1200, S Sig Performance Vin# 227, HAM: KF5WDB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    I didn't realize the date changed when you merged threads (thought it would keep the original date).
    ??
    EMF Radiation Started by Ben W, 02-27-2009 02:10 PM

Thread Information