Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robb Report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On autoblog I stumbled across the "car of the year," according to a magazine called Robb Report. It sounds like they specialize in all things expensive for the sake of being expensive.

But, I was pleasantly surprised to spot a Tesla on the front cover of their magazine, right alongside a Merc and a Gallardo.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 named Robb Report Car of the Year - Autoblog

A Tesla employee told me most Tesla customers are not EV enthusiasts, but own it as a "lifestyle car." I guess that's certainly true.

While it may be true that most current tesla owners are not "EV enthusiasts" (whatever that means), I suspect we'll see a dramatic shift as prices normalize. The number of "EV enthusiasts" that can also afford a $110k 2 seat no luggage room sports car has got to be very tiny.

But start pricing a sedan in the $35-50k price range and suddenly the enthusiasts will begin to become the dominant clientele, IMO. It will be the enthusiasts who ultimately make the EV a success just as the hybrid enthusiasts made the Prius a success.