Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can you keep your iTunes library "synced" to your USB Stick?

I am not home, so I can't get the name of it, but my Audis have SD card slots, so I used an app that would recognize a specific SD card when inserted, then sync the iTunes folders or playlists that you specify. It's what I use on my USB stick now in the Model S -- insert it, and it syncs just like it's an iPod. On windows it ran in the system try and popped up when you inserted the configured media.

Quote Originally Posted by nrcooled View Post
    I was going to suggest the exact same thing. Forget loading another application when you can just use the terminal/command line to copy new files within a directory.
    Get the parameters to your liking and save in a text file with #!/bin/sh as the first line and name the file with .command suffix. Now its double-clickable in Finder.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    I am not home, so I can't get the name of it, but my Audis have SD card slots, so I used an app that would recognize a specific SD card when inserted, then sync the iTunes folders or playlists that you specify. It's what I use on my USB stick now in the Model S -- insert it, and it syncs just like it's an iPod. On windows it ran in the system try and popped up when you inserted the configured media.
    The software I use is called iTunes Agent, and it looks like in '11 it got renamed to notpod: Notpod - Portable entertainment manager

here's another software, though it's a tad more limited. iTunes Sync Binary Fortress Software

Quote Originally Posted by Argelius View Post
    Anyway, is there a way to keep the USB drive in "sync" with iTunes?
    I use DoubleTwist - it's used to sync Android devices with iTunes, but it will detect a USB drive/SD card as a destination as well.

Another option - for the mac - is Chronosync. Very powerful and can be set to sync whenever the drive is detected.

Thread Information