Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - 'What If' photochop amalgams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
When TM decided to "tease us" (fans) with partially covered pictures of the Model S prototype it got many of us thinking "what does the rest really look like under that cover?".

A natural instinct is to try to put it into context with something we know already. To that end, I got a little carried away trying to blend photos of existing cars with what might be under the cover on the Model S teaser photo.

I put some of these into the "Whitestar Styling Ideas" topic, but I thought now I should just start a new topic with just the pictures here.

First, the 'teaser' that started it all:

Now my 'what-if' blendy images, starting with:

VW CC:
3286690776_c212324d2c.jpg

Mazda6:
3280946630_ccc58f7921.jpg

Admittedly these 'Frankenstein' creations are hideous, and are really just meant as brainstorming ideas to contemplate some aspects of what Model S may really look like.

I had fun doing them, and some people indicated they enjoyed the idea, but I apologize to any who find the imagery offensive. I am not trying to 'knock' the model S in any way.

TEG,

I don't care what everyonme else thinks but you certainly managed to entertain me !!! And I thank you for all your efforts in doing so :) Sadly I think that the Rclass seems to fit the mold of the cover the best and match all the descriptions we have heard the best. But I am holding out hope that it is a little sportier - OK a LOT sportier than that :smile:

Thank you entertaining us !!

Kevin,
I think Tesla already has the "sports car" reputation. If they want to break that mold and reach a different market, they need to do something else.

I think they can achieve a luxury sedan with a cool design. I picture this as a cross between BMW, Aston Martin and Mercedes. We are not going to get a soccer mom vehicle from Tesla.

They need a home run here. Tesla Motors is about making electric vehicles that are not punishment vehicles.

Sharp eyed viewers may have noticed that I kept the VW CC's stock rear wheel (since it looks similar to the 'S'), but you can see that it is smaller. It is a 17", so the S must be at least 18".

James,

That is what I am hoping for. I am guessing that TM is just having troubles with the vocabulary to describe it. Hopefully when we see it we will know why they are having that trouble. They have flip flopped so many times on the description of it that I think no one really has any idea what it will look like .... sigh

Sharp eyed viewers may have noticed that I kept the VW CC's stock rear wheel (since it looks similar to the 'S'), but you can see that it is smaller. It is a 17", so the S must be at least 18".

Doesn't that assume that the photos were take from the same distance? I'd say judging by where the Model S' bonnet/hood is compared to the CC's door line, this is not the case.

The distance doesn't really matter as I scaled the back end vehicle image to fit the profile of the missing model S bits. If the wheelbase and door sizes are similar then the wheels should be of similar size scale. On the other hand if the CC had much longer wheelbase and larger doors then I would have shrunk it more and made the wheels seem smaller.