Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8 States team up to support electric cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No ZEV law here...the only part of the CARB guidelines that we did not adopt in 2005, because of auto dealer opposition. I don't think (though I am not sure) WA was even asked to participate.

Gov. Inslee just had a workshop a couple of days ago, and there is a possibility that WA will become a ZEV state. I have mixed feelings about it...I don't think we would be where we are without ZEV laws, but I suspect there may be better ways forward. I am not a big fan of supply-side mandates. Although I have to admit if a lot of states get on the ZEV bandwagon, the compliance automakers are going to find it in their own best interests to build compelling EVs.

I would love it if WA became a ZEV state. Screw the WA dealers. I am leasing a Ford Focus Electric and when I test drove the Leaf, the Volt and the FFE I found a massive disparity in my treatment at dealers. I was lucky to find a good Ford dealer as regards the FFE but it was luck and many others have had issues.