Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quoting posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thread. Posted by Doug 10-17-2008.

Quoting Elon.

Venture Capitalist Steve Jervetson has seen the Model S design:
Quote:
The Model S is absolutely gorgeous by the way, and it has more people and luggage space than any sedan... Enabled by having batteries and motors all low down below the wheel line. And with a cool trunk option, it can carry 5 adults and 2 kids. Many Apple analogies come to mind regarding the HCI...

(HCI = human computer interface)

Doug,

There are no quoting instructions so it is just a guess and I have not been able to figure it out. Call me an idiot but I just don't know how and of all the times I have taken to say so no one has sent any instructions and I don't really care enough to put the effort into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug,

There are no quoting instructions so it is just a guess and I have not been able to figure it out. Call me an idiot but I just don't know how and of all the times I have taken to say so no one has sent any instructions and I don't really care enough to put the effort into it.
Sorry, I wasn't calling anyone an idiot and did not intend to make that implication. :smile: (Lazy on the other hand... :tongue:)

You can quote posts by using the button labeled, ahem, "QUOTE." You can also see instuctions in the BBcode list: Tesla Motors Club Forum - BB Code List. Also you can preview your posts before submitting and can even edit them after you've posted.

Last edited:
So let's see if an old dog can learn new tricks .....

Elon with Franz von Holzhausen

Venture Capitalist Steve Jervetson has seen the Model S design:
Quote:
The Model S is absolutely gorgeous by the way, and it has more people and luggage space than any sedan... Enabled by having batteries and motors all low down below the wheel line. And with a cool trunk option, it can carry 5 adults and 2 kids. Many Apple analogies come to mind regarding the HCI...

(HCI = human computer interface)

well sort of ... I did not get the picture ... do I have to copy that separately ?!?!? I had it highlighted ...

Doug I had tried the QUOTE buttom several times and what I ended up with was a
and a
in the text rather than a separated quote by that box thingy. Lazy yes. Ignorant perhaps. I don't know and I still can't seem to get the picture in the quote like you did ....

I appreciate the lessons.

And I was not aware of this...

You can also see instuctions in the BBcode list: Tesla Motors Club Forum - BB Code List.

so i will have to look at it.... notice the use of a NEW FOUND SKILL LOL :biggrin:

As you are discovering, there are multiple different ways to quote.

In the window where you enter the message text, there is a [ Q ] button which will allow you to paste text in between the quote tags.

If you are reading a post and you would like to reply to it, and hit the [ QUOTE ] button the quote box in your text will say something like: "Originally posted by doug" or whatever as a caption to the box.

Getting fancier:
If you want to quote multiple posts in one reply, next to the [ quote ] button at the bottom of each post there is the little [ "+ ] button. You can click that to select each message you wish to quote, and then hit the [ QUOTE ] button -- this will bring up your message compose window with all of the posts you wished to quote in their own separate quote boxes. You can then edit any of them to your liking.

And (as you have noticed I am sure) there is nothing magic about any of these quote buttons. It just sticks the raw text of "[ QUOTE ]" and "[ /QUOTE ]" around whatever text you wanted. You can type the QUOTE in yourself if you would like and avoid the quote buttons if they get confusing.

The "Preview Post" button is my favorite friend when I am trying to decide if the quote (or image, or URL or whatever I am trying to put in my post) works correctly.

First time using multiple quotes:

:smile: (Lazy on the other hand... :tongue:)

Getting fancier:
If you want to quote multiple posts in one reply, next to the [ quote ] button at the bottom of each post there is the little [ "+ ] button. You can click that to select each message you wish to quote, and then hit the [ QUOTE ] button -- this will bring up your message compose window with all of the posts you wished to quote in their own separate quote boxes.

It's actually kinda clunky.:frown:

Multiple quotes like this
I tried to quote the whole sentence. Did the brackets in the quote throw it off ?

OH it was the
in the sentence that threw it off

Can now be done

Kevin, it's just the [q] button that you can see above the text box. It puts Like this ? I don't think it worked - at least not in the preview box

Thanks for the easy lessons.... They are appreciated....

In many ways...

As you are discovering, there are multiple different ways to quote.

In the window where you enter the message text, there is a [ Q ] button which will allow you to paste text in between the quote tags.

If you are reading a post and you would like to reply to it, and hit the [ QUOTE ] button the quote box in your text will say something like: "Originally posted by doug" or whatever as a caption to the box.

Getting fancier:
If you want to quote multiple posts in one reply, next to the [ quote ] button at the bottom of each post there is the little [ "+ ] button. You can click that to select each message you wish to quote, and then hit the [ QUOTE ] button -- this will bring up your message compose window with all of the posts you wished to quote in their own separate quote boxes. You can then edit any of them to your liking.

And (as you have noticed I am sure) there is nothing magic about any of these quote buttons. It just sticks the raw text of "[ QUOTE ]" and "[ /QUOTE ]" around whatever text you wanted. You can type the QUOTE in yourself if you would like and avoid the quote buttons if they get confusing.

The "Preview Post" button is my favorite friend when I am trying to decide if the quote (or image, or URL or whatever I am trying to put in my post) works correctly.

Doug I had tried the QUOTE buttom several times and what I ended up with was a
and a
in the text rather than a separated quote by that box thingy. Lazy yes. Ignorant perhaps. I don't know and I still can't seem to get the picture in the quote like you did ....

I appreciate the lessons.

And I was not aware of this...

so i will have to look at it.... notice the use of a NEW FOUND SKILL LOL :biggrin:

I found out how to get the picture in but when I am quoting a post with a quote in it that quote goes away notice the quote I made of your quote is gone above,

Last edited: