Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's bareyb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! Right you are! I LOVE THIS THING!!!! This is even better than I'd hoped. Not a single problem with the car so far. For those wondering, yes, it did come loaded with V.5.6. The acceleration on this is SCARY, I have yet to truly floor it as the rear end gets all Squirrely (FUN!). I'll post some more pics when I do my write up later. For now, here's a sample pic taken a few minutes ago when we dropped off "Lois" (my old Lexus) to the used car lot. I love the new car! It's everything I thought it would be and more. I already got my first "Thumbs Up" about three minutes into my ride home. :D :D :D

Attachments

• TeslaMeCarLot.jpg
    TeslaMeCarLot.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Ha! Right you are! I LOVE THIS THING!!!! I'm beside myself people. This is even better than I'd hoped. Not a single problem with the car so far. It came with V.5.6 so the maps work as you'd expect. The acceleration on this is SCARY. I have yet to truly floor it. I'll post some more pics when I do my write up later. For now, here's a sample pic taken a few minutes ago when we dropped off "Lois" (my old Lexus) to the used car lot. I can't believe it! I got my first "Thumbs Up" about three minutes into my ride home. :D :D :D

Go Barey, Go Barey!!! Looking good and glad you're having fun!!

Awesome barey! So glad to hear you had no problems. Car looks fantastic. Grey was my 2nd choice, one of the colors I test drove. I think it shows the lines of the car well. And should stay clean looking a little better than black. The squirelly in the back is due to traction control limits? Are you seeing the TC indicator on when that happens?

Five more days for me.

More kudos and congrats. You look happy as a clam. While recharging , please post first impressions!

- - - Updated - - -

More kudos and congrats. You look happy as a clam. While recharging , please post first impressions!

So you called your Lexus "Lois" but you call your new baby "THING"? Definitely gotta get that fixed. :)
Already fixed. She had a name within moments of my daughter meeting her. Her name is "Tessa". :D

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Congratulations! Let me know how the tour was if you ever get out of the car...

I really enjoyed it. I've been watching that Megafactories episode just about every night so I was already a little bit familiar. The "Kuka" Robots were my favorite. Watching that thing whip the front seats into place while missing the door jam by half an inch was impressive. I thought it was pretty cool that they could multi-task too. You can imagine that saves a lot of space in the factory. Pretty brilliant.

The Stamping machines were awesome. That sound they make when the Aluminum stretches is bizarre. You can tell the amount of pressure must be insane. I would have liked to see where they make the motors and battery packs, but our tour guide said that whole floor is Top Secret. I'm glad we got to do it. I had a good time. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome barey! So glad to hear you had no problems. Car looks fantastic. Grey was my 2nd choice, one of the colors I test drove. I think it shows the lines of the car well. And should stay clean looking a little better than black. The squirelly in the back is due to traction control limits? Are you seeing the TC indicator on when that happens?

Five more days for me.

I think the tires are still a little slippery from the factory. I've read they come with some kind of dressing on them, but I'm guessing I've taken care of getting most of that off by now. ;) It's got power for days though. I've had fast cars, but this thing is insanely fast. I've never experienced anything like it. Ever. I'm in love. :love:

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Barry!! Hope to see you and your MS at a local gathering in the near future. Enjoy the ride :)
For sure you will. I'll be at the next one. Thanks.