Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comments made by Elon Musk at opening of London UK Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon started talking in London Store at 20:08 local time. Comments he made are below

We’re taking the UK market very serious. First UK RHD car due to be delivered in March. It’ll go to a “fairly high profile person.

We’re going to establish the supercharger network thorough the UK. You’ll be able to travel anywhere in the UK by Supercharger network. First UK Superchargers due next quarter. Will have the whole country covered by the end of next year.

At 20:13 he is taking questions.

More to follow if anything relevant

Tesla London store and reception (sorry, my cellphone camera is not that great)
Fotografia0312.jpg

Fotografia0313.jpg

Fotografia0314.jpg

Fotografia0315.jpg

Fotografia0316.jpg

Fotografia0317.jpg

Fotografia0318.jpg

Fotografia0320.jpg

Fotografia0321.jpg

Fotografia0322.jpg

Was an interesting night. Started off with me following a carbon fibre and gold Bugatti into the car park. Lovely car, but way too much bling on that one.

Very happy with the answer to my question about factory production capacity constraints. Happy because I know that, as waiting times increase due to higher demand and the Model X launch taking away MS capacity, my car will increase in value rather than depreciate. If Tesla are going to go mass market, they need to be thinking now about adding capacity into the empty factory space they are not using so that it is ready in time for the launch of the MX.

Elon mentioned that they are planning to build around 50 RHD cars a month after launch, that he'd driven the prototype and was in the process of tweaking things like the pedal positions.

He did NOT mention the 135Kw superchargers being part of the UK rollout. Can't see why they wouldn't put them in, but it would suck if they didn't!

Finally, he confirmed that MX will be slightly more expensive than MS.