Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California Edison and Electric Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vern Padgett

Proud and Grinning Model S90D owners
Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2006
Whittier, California
Check out my power company's web site:  http://www.sce.com/PowerandEnvironment/BetteringEnergyEfficiencyPowerSources/

Here's some words from that site.  The link is on the Tesla Motors site. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Southern California Edison is committed to supporting the introduction of electric vehicles (EVs) and other electro-drive technology applications into Southern California to help improve air quality in one of the smoggiest areas of the nation. SCE operates a fleet of almost 300 EVs, the largest fleet of pure EVs in the nation-that has logged more than 7.6 million miles in a little over a decade.

EVs are over 90% cleaner than gasoline cars (even with power plant emissions factored in), and generate 80% fewer greenhouse gas emissions (which contribute to global warming) and use a quarter of the energy that gasoline-powered cars use.

SCE 's workhorse fleet of almost 300 electric vehicles has traveled a total of 7.6 million miles.  It has:

Displaced 381,200 gallons of gasoline
   Prevented 915 tons of air pollution, compared with combustion engine vehicles
   Prevented more than 2,745 tons of carbon dioxide emissions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "almost 300 vehicles" is the size of the entire output of the Honda EV Plus car during its whole production run. Any of you know more about SCE's electric car fleet?

Right, but I wonder if they could have bought more than 300.  I bet they own 3000 street vehicles.  Just a couple weeks ago they had 6 on my street, putting in a new transformer.  Mostly large trucks. 

There's got to be a story on their cars somewhere-- a whole fleet of them!  I don't even know what make they are, or whether they are all one make.