Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb Rash Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulling out of Columbia Tower Parking Garage yesterday (spiral ramp, be careful here) and KILLED my right rear rim - about 270 degrees of it, 5-7 inches into the rim.

I'm looking to buy a spare new 19", but also want to know if anyone has a repair place for rims locally?

Regards.

I had mine done through Tesla (demo car) and you can't tell the difference between the ones that were damaged and the repaired ones. It's not very expensive. There are lots of folks that do this so you should have a ton of choices.

Service did tell me that the 21's could not be repaired. Not sure why.

Take a trip to these guys and to see their work. If you can't tell the difference between a repaired wheel and new, if they have a decent warranty and they have been around for a while... I don't see how you can go wrong. It will probably cost almost as much to remove the tire and rebalance. Hopefully the tire shop doesn't scratch your rims along the way.

I've got some major curb rash and watching videos it looks like something I could tackle on my own for a reasonable price. However, Tesla only sells the touch up paint for the 21" grey rims. I'll need spray paint though for a real repair job.

I asked my local SC and they said they only sell the small touch up paint and farm out the curb rash repairs to a local shop ($130/wheel). Anyone with a car repair background that knows how I'd go about finding the right color in a spray?

Got some paint scrapes in our MS's front fender from the prior owner. Got a recommendation for this place from a hot rod owner. Steve primary does alloy wheels in Bellevue. Shop is next to Park Place and across from BMW. All he does is paint scrapes and curbed wheels.

Steve's Custom Cars and The Wheel Wizard

My paint scraps were in front of the wheel opening on the fender. Many 2" x 1/4" marks where the paint is scraped off down to the black plastic bumper. Cost $375 and is good as new!

Steve gets a lot of lease returns from local luxury car dealers. The dealers basically charge the lease return customer and bring the car to him. Might as well send the car to Steve to avoid dealer's margin :)

I realize this is an old thread. Just leaving a note for future references.

Last edited: