Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Sunday drive *BEFORE* Winter/The Holidays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was exchanging texts with another MS owner and realized that the upcoming weekend might be the last opportunity for a Sunday drive before winter and the holidays.

Any interest in trying to get a big meetup together for this weekend? We have a lot of new owners!

The route down 3A on the South Shore is in fact a very nice drive. Google tells me from Hingham Shipyard to Ellsworth State Park in Plymouth is 43 miles, without taking all the detours through the town centers, which would probably also be nice.

I'm pretty sure I don't have what it takes to organize this just now, though...

(1) How about a ride down to Plymouth , MA as suggested by Eda? They have a chargepoint down there as well, and people are more than welcome to charge at my place in newton (80A capable).

(2) alternatively, we could do this route: http://www.mohawktrail.com/system/html/drivingtour2-9aa566c6.jpg,
Western MA Driving Tours - Historic Driving Tours in Massachusetts - Mohawk Trail

Google maps:
River St @ Tesla St to River St @ Tesla St - Google Maps

Approximately 22 miles

(3) the same route we did in April - through Concord, etc.

Okay, got a good night's sleep and I'm feeling a little more ambitious. So here's a twisty little route down the South Shore starting in Hingham and ending at the level 2 chargers in Plymouth. Google says "43 miles, 1.5 hours."

http://goo.gl/maps/zSc4m

After taking this route, you would return north (if that's where you're going) by Route 3. There are level 2 chargers (Chargepoint tells me, although I haven't seen them) at the Hanover Mall, and also five chargers at the Braintree T stop, both of these locations being off Route 3.

Several people have said morning is best, although I don't know if one could get back to NH by 1 pm - depends when we start. If we meet at 9:30, we're in Plymouth by 11. Would that work for people?