Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"New Threads" Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
I suspect this has been brought up before but thought I would ask anyway. Why are there two options that essentially do the same thing?
1. What's New?
2. New Posts

It would be very helpful to replace #2 with "New Threads".

Yeah, they are the same. What's New is essentially New Posts. This is because with vB 4.2, What's New was changed to the Activity stream. Activity Stream - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

But most people actually wanted the same behavior as before. So I manually changed What's New to be New Posts, which is the behavior we've had since about 2007.

New Threads would be a very obvious thing to have, but doesn't exist out of the box. Don't ask me why. We do have a widget that shows new threads in the Forum sidebar under the tag cloud. It shows the most recent five or so.

Yeah, they are the same. What's New is essentially New Posts. This is because with vB 4.2, What's New was changed to the Activity stream. Activity Stream - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

But most people actually wanted the same behavior as before. So I manually changed What's New to be New Posts, which is the behavior we've had since about 2007.

New Threads would be a very obvious thing to have, but doesn't exist out of the box. Don't ask me why. We do have a widget that shows new threads in the Forum sidebar under the tag cloud. It shows the most recent five or so.

Doug
I was unaware of the widget in the Forum sidebar. Just tried it and that is helpful. Thank you very much.

Doug
I was unaware of the widget in the Forum sidebar. Just tried it and that is helpful. Thank you very much.
I think it is very helpful - I wonder if the number "5" is configurable at all. The "Recent Post" widget below it appears to show 10 posts... could this become either a per user setting or if not, could you up the number of new threads shown to 10 or 15?