Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Ground Lost Error" while charging...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, the excitement of my first hour of Tesla ownership was dampened the moment I pulled into my garage and plugged the car into my recently-installed 240V outlet.

I got a solid red ring, with the 4-flashes: ground lost ("Make sure the outlet is properly grounded. If uncertain, contact your electrician.")

I assume there's no workaround/fix for this other than calling the electrician back to take a look

Awesome car, nonetheless!

And based on my commute, I have about 2 more work days before I'm really introuble...Ah, the excitement of my first hour of Tesla ownership was dampened the moment I pulled into my garage and plugged the car into my recently-installed 240V outlet.

I got a solid red ring, with the 4-flashes: ground lost ("Make sure the outlet is properly grounded. If uncertain, contact your electrician.")

I assume there's no workaround/fix for this other than calling the electrician back to take a look

Awesome car, nonetheless!

And based on my commute, I have about 2 more work days before I'm really introuble...

The electrician returned and, sure enough, they didn't properly ground the outlet. He was able to fix that pretty easily and and now the red ring has turned green and I'm a happy camper!

Glad it was an easy fix, but don't ever use that electrician again. That's a novice mistake, and he should have tested the outlet when he finished installing it.