Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orlando Area Tesla Meet-Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, this is Nipul Shah. I am a local Orlando resident and a proud owner of Model S. I have been asked by Lawrence Chanin to help
coordinate our 1st meet-up near the Orlando-Longwood Service Center. We do not know the precise location of the Orlando-Longwood Service Center or its opening date yet, this is still in the "works".

Nonetheless, we can use this forum to schedule our 1st meeting. I welcome the opportunity to hear from any folks who can recommend a meeting place in or near Longwood, i.e. any restaurant, public park, etc. Also, suggestions on topics for our 1st meeting are welcome.

Let's get rolling, Orlando!

Hi, this is Nipul Shah. I am a local Orlando resident and a proud owner of Model S. I have been asked by Lawrence Chanin to help
coordinate our 1st meet-up near the Orlando-Longwood Service Center. We do not know the precise location of the Orlando-Longwood Service Center or its opening date yet, this is still in the "works".

Nonetheless, we can use this forum to schedule our 1st meeting. I welcome the opportunity to hear from any folks who can recommend a meeting place in or near Longwood, i.e. any restaurant, public park, etc. Also, suggestions on topics for our 1st meeting are welcome.

Welcome Nipul, My name is Erol and founder of the SW FL Tesla Motors Group. I would be more then happy to attend your meeting and help support you if I am not working. Larry is a great resource and he really appreciates the help from those that creates chapters around the state. I look forward to hearing about more details soon.

Welcome Nipul, My name is Erol and founder of the SW FL Tesla Motors Group. I would be more then happy to attend your meeting and help support you if I am not working. Larry is a great resource and he really appreciates the help from those that creates chapters around the state. I look forward to hearing about more details soon.

Hi Erol - Thanks for your email. I will definitely keep you in the loop once we have a date and location. Thanks.

Hi, this is Nipul Shah. I am a local Orlando resident and a proud owner of Model S. I have been asked by Lawrence Chanin to help coordinate our 1st meet-up near the Orlando-Longwood Service Center. We do not know the precise location of the Orlando-Longwood Service Center or its opening date yet, this is still in the "works".

Hi Nipul,

This morning I spent some time with the new Manager of the Orlando-Longwood Service Center.

It will be located at 2300 US Highway 17/92, Longwood, FL 32750.

They hope to open the service center on Monday, November 4th.

The manager will be in contact with me to give us a firm date when it is known. After the service center is up and running I will attempt to find out whether there are any plans to have a "Grand Opening" event. Regardless, we should start planning a meet-up at a nearby restaurant.

Here are a few. The mileage to the service center is shown on the first line:

0.4 mi NE Enzo's Restaurant on the Lake
transparent.png

1130 U.S. Hwy. 17-92, Longwood, FL ‎
(407) 834-9872 · enzos.com
transparent.png

0.4 mi S
Anthony's Pizza & Restaurant
transparent.png

3385 U.S. 17, Casselberry, FL
(407) 767-5220 · papaanthonyspizza.com

0.6 mi NE
transparent.png

Polonia Polish Restaurant
transparent.png

750 U.S. 17, Longwood, FL‎
(407) 331-1933 · polonia-restaurant.com

0.4 mi SW
transparent.png

Cubans On the Run
transparent.png

2956 S US Highway 17/92, Casselberry, FL ‎
(407) 339-2272 ‎

0.5 mi W
transparent.png

Victorio's Oyster Bar & Grille
transparent.png

300 Dog Track Rd, Longwood, FL ‎
(407) 834-9800 · victoriosoysterbar.com

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Larry,

Great news to hear about the service center near Orlando.

Any idea whether there will be a supercharger available at the new site?

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

There are no amenities at the Orlando-Longwood Center other than a restroom, so it is not likely in my opinion.

I think that eventually virtually all service centers will have "mini-Superchargers". By that I mean a single Supercharger to accommodate service center operations and an occasional visiting Model S owner. However, typical Supercharger Stations for Model S owners taking road trips have at least three or four Superchargers, and 6-8 Supercharger stalls. They are sited at strategic locations off of major highways and are frequently at shopping malls where there are adequate amenities.

We know that Tesla is considering placing a store at The Mall at Millenia. Many of us think that that location would also be a fine location for a Supercharger station since it is strategically located on I-4 near the Florida Turnpike and obviously has all the necessary amenities. However, I don't have any credible rumors to support this suggestion at this time.

We do have indications from Tesla that they are considering a number of locations for Supercharger in the Orlando area even though none are currently shown on the interactive map on the Tesla website. Refer to this thread on the subject.

Larry

Last edited:
1.JPG
2B.JPG
4.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

I visited the new Tesla Service Center for Central Florida in Longwood this weekend. It is very accessible from all major areas of Orlando. The big Tesla sign on the property is easily visible from the main road. Some pictures are posted.

Since it is still under construction, there were no Tesla staff on the property, but I anticipate the store/service center to be open early November 2013. As we get closer to the official opening date, I will post more details.

In the meanwhile, let’s plan a Sunday afternoon (either Dec 1[SUP]st[/SUP] or 8[SUP]th[/SUP]) with all Orlando area Tesla owners to get together, check out the new facility, and head over for food/drinks and fun at Post Time Lounge Café and Tropical Patio (http://posttimelounge.com), located less than a minute walk from the Tesla facility. It has a really nice patio where we can meet. Non-Orlando Tesla owners are also welcome, the more, the merrier! Pictures enclosed as well.

I have already heard from some of you about getting together. Please let me know your interest in meeting and if you have a preference on the dates mentioned above. Good article in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper today, see previous post.

Sounds great! I look forward to it. I was told by a little bird that the Orlando SC will be opening next week. Do we want to show up in droves then also?

Hi Jordan,

Yes, so was I.

However, I need to talk to the Service Manager before we show up in droves. Ideally we would be able to assemble at the service center, meet the staff, and other owners who are not club members, and have light refreshments. Then we can go to a local restaurant, such as Post Time, for serious eating and drinking.

Right now he is in California in training. He told me he would give me a call when they are ready to open.

Larry

I'm in for a meeting in Orlando!

I called the Tampa service center, and was told by a gentleman who was there for training and will be working in the Orlando store that the entire Orlando staff was there training. He said that the new service center will be opening early in November. I'm sure they will be great, but will have big shoes to fill as Mark and the service staff in Tampa are excellent.

Hi Nipul and fellow Tesla owners,

Great photos of the new Orlando / Longwood service center. Yesterday I had the chance to briefly see the new facility and speak with the service mgr. and some of the other staff. Very nice. Look forward to getting together in Dec. if it can be setup. The 8th may be better since 1st is right after thanksgiving holiday.

I hope Tesla establishes a store at at The Mall at Millenia, (since other high end car companies are located here also ie Mercedes, Aston Martin etc. and close to Turnpike/International Drive-lots of tourists/Universal Studios)

Greetings to fellow Orlando Tesla owners. I spoke with Mark LaPlant today 11/9/13 and learned the Orlando service center is still working on the last 10% to complete... still no specific date for an opening.

Nipul, may I suggest emailing the Orlando Model S owners for better coverage of the event and probably a better turnout when we settle on a date. I just happened by chance to see this thread when looking for something else. Thanks for coordinating the Orlando area.

Greetings to fellow Orlando Tesla owners. I spoke with Mark LaPlant today 11/9/13 and learned the Orlando service center is still working on the last 10% to complete... still no specific date for an opening.

Nipul, may I suggest emailing the Orlando Model S owners for better coverage of the event and probably a better turnout when we settle on a date. I just happened by chance to see this thread when looking for something else. Thanks for coordinating the Orlando area.
If you have a Tesla, you should be on this board. If you have a Tesla and live in Florida, you should be on this thread. This is a better way to contact Tesla owners because not everyone wants to get emails all of the time - my (and many other's) 2 cents.

If you have a Tesla, you should be on this board. If you have a Tesla and live in Florida, you should be on this thread. This is a better way to contact Tesla owners because not everyone wants to get emails all of the time - my (and many other's) 2 cents.

Bob,

It's possible that club members outside the Orlando area might be interested in a meet-up at the Orlando-Longwood Service Center. I suggested to Nipul that when we have more definitive information I would be happy to do a mass mailing.

Jordan,

As you know I encourage all members to join TMC. However, not everyone has the same level of interest in monitoring and participating the discussion threads.

The purpose of publishing the membership list on a monthly basis is to permit nearby members to email one another to organize local events without having to wait for club leadership to organize an event near them. This of course is a balancing act. We have to avoid flooding our members' in-boxes with invitations to events or communications that they not be interested in.

On the whole so far this hasn't been a problem with one notable exception when I sent out a mass mailing in which the recipients were disclosed. Some members used that list of members to do a series of "reply to all" a number of times and that induced a flood of messages. Since that time I changed the policy such that I only sent out mass mailings with undisclosed recipients and only I am permitted to send out mass mailings to all members.

Larry