Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lafayette, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Cranberry Twp, PA construction crew said they won the bid for the "Indianapolis" supercharger install, for which I assume they meant Lafayette. They will be in Cranberry for another week or two. I asked if they were heading to Indy next, and they said there were some issues with the lease that needed to be worked out before they could start, which likely explains the delay. There were similar issues in Cranberry, where the Residence Inn changed ownership before construction started, and the lease needed to be renegotiated or renewed.

As seen on a couple other threads, the latest Tesla Supercharger Map has some new locations marked on the 'Coming Soon' and '2014' slider settings. This includes Indianapolis as 'Coming Soon', as well as Terre Haute and Lafayette in '2014'. I don't see Effingham, IL on there any more, though.

(OT -- we should start a bet on when Tesla will drop or change the '2014' entry from their slider. I'll shoot for Thanksgiving...)

Update: called the Indianapolis store to see if they had any additional info on a local Supercharger -- the response was " I wish! We just found out today the same way you did." Heh.

Last edited: