Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good New Hampshire EV charging locations???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am traveling from Plymouth MA to Lancaster NH in my 60 KWh Tesla Model S this Friday, any good EV charging locations around Concord NH/Tilton NH to top off the charge? I was looking at the
Courtyard by Marriott on the Chargepoint website; however, the status is unknown. Many campgrounds are now closed. Plugshare shows few chargers and some random plugs. The trip is 245 miles with many hills.

You might have seen my plug on plugshare in salem NH. It is a little earlier than your ideal stop, and about 15 minutes off of I-93, but it is open access in our driveway and has updated fuses so you can charge at 80 amps if you have dual chargers.

Wolfeboro New Hampshire, Charging Needed!
You know, finding a good EV charging station in the Wolfboro New Hampshire is like finding wireless Internet in Oklahoma in 1987. No offense to Oklahoma intended. But Wolfboro get your Vacation Paradise Act together. If someone has a charging port for my Model S anywhere around Wolfeboro, please send me a private message, I would be happy to keep the information private. Would be very helpful, heading hiking in the presidentials, sub-zero weather, I need to be in Wolfboro tomorrow Sunday- Monday Nov 24-25. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Wolfeboro NH

Was an easy ride. 90 miles, plugged in at 12A and mustered about 100 miles at my brother's house while climbing Mt Adams. Actually, the hike was much more exciting than charging, at 12 below zero and gusts above 100mph. We stayed shy of the summit in favor of being able to return to my Tesla once again someday, which was today. BUT perhaps the best sunset of my life, alone and surrounded by Alpenglow at 5,000 feet last night. Will post a pic as a reminder of where a Tesla can get us in New England.

I didn't want to create a new thread so adding some details here on charging in the NH North Country. We just spent last weekend up there and charged everywhere we went. The NH Electric Co-Op has been busy.... from their website.

"NHEC has worked with some of its larger commercial members in the hospitality industry to install EV charging stations this year in North Conway (Red Jacket Mountain View Resort), Woodstock (Woodstock Inn Station), Plymouth (Common Man Inn) and Lincoln (Indian Head Resort). Additional charging stations are planned in Meredith (Church Landing at Mill Falls), and Jackson (Bernerhof Inn). When fully installed, they will complete a ring of stations that are all within the range limits of most EV and Plug-in Hybrid vehicles."

The Meredith and Jackson stations are now in and there is also charging available at both the base of the Mt Washington Auto Road and the Mt Washington Hotel. My experiences at the Mt Washington Hotel and the Common Man in Plymouth was frustrating as the spots were blocked by ICE cars due to there being NO signs restricting the spot for EVs. I have communicated with management at both and hope to see that resolved soon.

Thanks for the report, @hj. It's too bad that the "Jackson" site is actually in Glen. I have a strong preference for inns in the Jackson Village center, so that I can slap on my nordic skis and head off without the need to drive anywhere. In any case, this gives me the ammo to write to my preferred lodgings in Jackson to make the case for them to install EV charging, too.

I'm heading to Hanover in a couple of weeks. King Arthur Flour has a J1772 charger. Sent email, and they said I was welcome to use it.

I'm aware of 2 HPWCs in Hanover but unfortunately the owners won't put them on Plugshare. King Arthur is 30A Chargepoint so you will need to let it sit there for a few hours. Hopefully you can get a ride across the bridge to Hanover. There's nothing at Dartmouth that I'm aware of. OK, Thayer School has a NEMA 14-50 but it's indoors and they prolly don't want you driving down the Great Hall. Although I did it w/ my Roadster a couple yrs ago.:cool:

I didn't want to create a new thread so adding some details here on charging in the NH North Country. We just spent last weekend up there and charged everywhere we went. The NH Electric Co-Op has been busy.... from their website.

"NHEC has worked with some of its larger commercial members in the hospitality industry to install EV charging stations this year in North Conway (Red Jacket Mountain View Resort), Woodstock (Woodstock Inn Station), Plymouth (Common Man Inn) and Lincoln (Indian Head Resort). Additional charging stations are planned in Meredith (Church Landing at Mill Falls), and Jackson (Bernerhof Inn). When fully installed, they will complete a ring of stations that are all within the range limits of most EV and Plug-in Hybrid vehicles."

The Meredith and Jackson stations are now in and there is also charging available at both the base of the Mt Washington Auto Road and the Mt Washington Hotel. My experiences at the Mt Washington Hotel and the Common Man in Plymouth was frustrating as the spots were blocked by ICE cars due to there being NO signs restricting the spot for EVs. I have communicated with management at both and hope to see that resolved soon.

Great to hear of the progress. I believe The Common Man Inn is owned by the same people developing the Hooksett Service Areas, so it's great that they're already engaged on charging stations.

In Mt. Washington Hotel's defense, the plugs are currently a kind of pilot installation until they can do the grading/landscape work after the thaw, at which point they will install signage. And their positioning is such that i'm surprised anyone would park in front of them - the two times I've charged there, they were wide open.

My plan is to leave it there overnight to charge - drop my wife and gear at a hotel in Hanover, drop the car at the charger, and walk or ride my bike back to the hotel. Then pick up my car, and breakfast order for our team, in the AM. We'll see how that works out...

Some new charging stations caught me by surprise today. It seems Tesla has been contacting inns and hotels and offering to pay for the installation of a HPWC if the business pays for the charger itself. I just had dinner in Wolfeboro at the Wolfeboro Inn and was the first to use their HPWC. If you look at Teslas webpage under, Find Us, Charging.... you will now see smaller icons than the Supercharger icon. These are HPWCs that will make a dent in the blackhole areas with no Supercharger. There are currently other HPWCs in Concord and Bedford. I also know that the Concord Marriot, which has the Chargepoint stations, will be putting in 5 HPWC. I talked to the owner.

The Wolfeboro Inn Has Created a Charged Network with Tesla Motors Charging Stations
The Wolfeboro Inn is now providing 2 Tesla electric charging stations and a universal electronic charging station at its
property. As a hotel focused on providing a greenenvironment, supplying guests with the best amenities and
experiences, and incorporating state of the art technology into their properties, The Wolfeboro Inn is proud to offer
this high-tech, eco-friendly solution for guests.
"The Tesla stations are a great service to be able to provide to our guests and we are proud to be able to offer this
amenity to our travelers," said Norman MacLeod, President & CEO of Hay Creek Hotels. "We continue to seek ways
to surprise and delight our guests, and hope these charging stations make them feel at home, while providing us with
an opportunity to contribute to the environment."
The Tesla connectors provide a convenient and fast charging solution for Tesla owners staying at The Wolfeboro Inn or
dining at Wolfe’s Tavern.
"We're pleased to be able to offer Tesla stations at our property," added Darrin Frowery, General Manager. "An
additional electric charging station will be available for all other electric vehicles as well."
The Wolfeboro Inn Tesla charging stations are available year round and provide fast and convenient charging solutions
for travelers. The Wolfeboro Inn will be programmed into the GPS system of all Tesla vehicles.

Some new charging stations caught me by surprise today. It seems Tesla has been contacting inns and hotels and offering to pay for the installation of a HPWC if the business pays for the charger itself. I just had dinner in Wolfeboro at the Wolfeboro Inn and was the first to use their HPWC.
Close, but I think you have it backwards. Tesla is offering free or reduced price HPWCs to hotels, etc. who install them in a prominent place:
Destination Charging

HPWC Locations in New England

The map of destination charging is not easy to find on the Tesla website. It lists in New England:

• Basin Harbor, Vergennes VT
  • Wolfeboro Inn, Wolfeboro NH
  • Centennial Inn, Concord NH
  • Bedford Village Inn, Bedford NH
  • Nonantum Ressort, Kennebunkport ME
  • The Beachmere, Ongunquit ME
  • Watertown Service Center (but not, oddly, the Natick Mall location)
  • Golf Club of Cape Cod, Falmouth MA
  • The Palmer House Inn, Falmouth MA
  • The Harbor View Hotel, Edgartown MA (Martha's V'yard)
  • Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, Groton CT
Be aware that all of these (except the Service Center) are for customers only. Perhaps buying a meal would count?