Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Blacked out Green MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got around to getting my car exactly as I wanted. Used WhipSkin.com. He really did a tremendous job, completely redid a botched wrap job before. We used a combination of:

Carbon Fiber Wrap (inset in nosecone, door handles, rear diffuser, runner along bottom/inside of car doors, wings next to fog lights, chrome below sideview mirrors)
Matte Black Wrap (upper nosecone, chrome around windows, side view mirror 'extension arms', chrome below rear diffuser)
Plasti Dip - (Tesla "T"s, Model S lettering, chrome on liftgate with "TESLA" letter). Unfortunately its not very sunny today so some of the details may not come through.

Plus we powder coated my standard 19's. Overall I love the look. Had the windows tinted as well.

10367635603_1f4aedb043.jpg

10367417275_fdf572f196.jpg

10367415645_7f9bded932.jpg

10367629813_46cd44476e.jpg

10367628343_1abea59d73.jpg

10367411354_487205afbe.jpg

10367427846_789568455e.jpg

10367402395_546afb6f7d.jpg

Very very nice! I love the blacked out 19's.....Might consider that for winter wheels now......

To me the are night and day. Before, when the wheels were OEM, I almost felt the looks too small for the car, (especially given I once had the 21's), but blacked out, I think they look like the right size, and IMO badass.

Where are you in NY? I think the price whipskin.com charged me was pretty darn good...

Green monster! Looks really great. Tesla green is actually better/deeper green than any other I can think of.

When I ordered it, I wanted something that reminded me of my fathers old MG, or the old racing green Jag colors with tan leather...I also like that green is apparently one of the two least purchased colors (brown is the other).

- - - Updated - - -

This is a little better pic of how the side view mirrors were done...

10362877114_f103712722.jpg

To me the are night and day. Before, when the wheels were OEM, I almost felt the looks too small for the car, (especially given I once had the 21's), but blacked out, I think they look like the right size, and IMO badass.

Where are you in NY? I think the price whipskin.com charged me was pretty darn good...

Im in Garden City, Long Island.....What did you pay?

So this is a spray on, plasti-dip?
I had a disastrous, but harmless, wrap job done on my car. Removed it a week later.
Having seen the videos at the manufacturer web site, it makes me very skeptical!
Does the covering have the same sheen (shine) as the original paint job?
Any idea where I'd find an expert on this in Illinois?

Plasti dip only used for tesla logos and lettering. Wrap used everywhere else. There is a texture to the plasti dip but again only used for lettering. I had a bad wrap job prior to this and my guy redid everything.

As for where to find, google plasti dip. They have certified installers by state on the website.

Last edited:
Worm. I am in Westchester as well and just order my P85+ today... what part of westchester are you in? I'm near Armonk. Looking for a guy that can protect the paint, tint etc. looks like you have a good recommendation there. Perhaps we can chat offline for some tips?

www.whipskin.com...he's the best, I'm in Katonah. Congrats on the purchase! Goto teslaowners and join up!

- - - Updated - - -

I love my beautiful Green Machine....but your photos have almost fully converted me from my distaste of blacking out chrome. That's gorgeous!

Thanks!

Well I dropped mine off today to finish blacking out the rest of the chrome. Badging not being done currently as they do not plastidip. May or may not have time to get the wheels powder coated before I need the car back. Mine will end up being fairly similar to yours, just a few subtle differences.

Well I dropped mine off today to finish blacking out the rest of the chrome. Badging not being done currently as they do not plastidip. May or may not have time to get the wheels powder coated before I need the car back. Mine will end up being fairly similar to yours, just a few subtle differences.

Nice! Post pics! You could always have them remove the badging (its just double sided tape) and have them paint it....