Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Power Wall Connector HPWC first install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed my first HPWC. Anyone with questions on the installation please reply here or email me directly. I am an electrical contractor in BC, Canada.

100A breaker, 40ft cable, Happy owner!

IMG_00000928.jpg

*Disclaimer: All information provided is based on Canadian Electrical Code and my personal experience. I am not an associate of Tesla or SolarCity and information should be used at your own discretion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian electrical code requirements for a disconnecting means are required when the charger is connected to a breaker 60 amps or larger. The disconnecting means is required to be within site of the charger AND capable of being locked open. Not sure if a circuit breaker is interpreted as lockable as other clips or clamps are required to facilitate this. I wouldn't interpret a circuit breaker as meeting this requirement in a residential installation. These requirements differ slightly from the normal code requirements for a disconnecting means ( like for a motor or equipment load which allows locking in lieu of line of sight )

Clean installation though. They don't leave a lot of space for back wiring in that enclosure, from what I have seen of them.