Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone recommend (or not recommend) a body shop for a Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI Kekolohe,

Sorry to hear your car got hit, :( I would contact the service center and ask for the best body shop... The car is aluminum and different then most cars out there. I hope your car gets well soon.

I hope the car that hit you left a note with there information.

I went to Osung Body Shop in Kalihi..The service center recommends them. They were great...even gave me a loaner car..not an EV though....I had a couple dings on my rear bumper...they filled the dings and repainted the whole bumper..can't even tell there was ever any damage :)

My MS got some minor damage to the right rear door and fender when someone backed into it in a parking lot.

kekolohe, I recommend before you go to a body shop, that you contact Troy at Mirage Paintless Dent Repair. He will ask you to send him pictures before you meet. From the pictures he will be able to give you and idea if they can help. All it will cost you to find out a little info is a few pictures.

Last Saturday morning in a parking lot my Tessie2 was vandalized. Bless their jealous, I suspect, hearts, they banged something hard into the crease of my right rear door, and kneed it below the crease; then keyed it at the right tail light and under the front passenger door handle. It was not an accident. Don't know who. The place at the tail light buffed out. Their "tool" left residue behind on the car because the car and paint were harder than the tool. It cleaned up fine. The big ding in the crease of the door made me sick at my stomach. But Mirage PDR met with me Thursday and looked at it. Chris came to my house Saturday afternoon and fixed it. He had a tough time because the door metal is so hard. But he did it. I can't see a problem now. The only remaining flaw is the scratch through the paint under the passenger front door handle. Some red from a Tesla paint pen should fix that too. And she will be well again.

Now having had the need and the pleasure of Mirage PDR's help, I highly recommend them. The last thing I told Chris was, "I hope I never see you again, 'cuz, I hope I never need you again". But if I have another problem, I surely will contact them. Chris did a great job on my car and I am very pleased.

Last edited:
kekolohe, I recommend before you go to a body shop, that you contact Troy at Mirage Paintless Dent Repair. He will ask you to send him pictures before you meet. From the pictures he will be able to give you and idea if they can help. All it will cost you to find out a little info is a few pictures.

Last Saturday morning in a parking lot my Tessie2 was vandalized. Bless their jealous, I suspect, hearts, they banged something hard into the crease of my right rear door, and kneed it below the crease; then keyed it at the right tail light and under the front passenger door handle. It was not an accident. Don't know who. The place at the tail light buffed out. Their "tool" left residue left behind on the car because the car and paint were harder than the tool. It cleaned up fine. The big ding in the crease of the door made me sick at my stomach. But Mirage PDR met with me Thursday and looked at it. Chris came to my house Saturday afternoon and fixed it. He had a tough time because the door metal is so hard. But he did it. I can't see a problem now. The only remaining flaw now is the scratch through the paint under the passenger front door handle. Some red from a Tesla paint pen should fix that too. And she will be well again.

Now having had the need and the pleasure of Mirage PDR's help, I highly recommend them. The last thing I told Chris was, "I hope I never see you again, 'cuz, I hope I never need you again". But if I have another problem, I surely will contact them. Chris did a great job on my car and I am very pleased.

Ugh, that makes me sick ...

Last Saturday morning in a parking lot my Tessie2 was vandalized. Bless their jealous, I suspect, hearts, they banged something hard into the crease of my right rear door, and kneed it below the crease; then keyed it at the right tail light and under the front passenger door handle. It was not an accident. Don't know who..

I had one of my previous cars vandalized.:cursing: someone keyed the entire driver side from headlight to tail light. Turns out that someone else had the same car as me and the person who vandalized my car had thought that my car was her car. The reason? the girl (with the same car as me) talked with the vandals boyfriend at a club the night before.:rolleyes:
are you sure someone doesn't have the same car as you?:confused:

Nigel, It was not so bad. We all know that any body work is expensive these days and will never be cheaper. And no two jobs are going to have the same damage and also cost the same as another. I believe because they work mobile they don't have building overhead and that helps. A quote elsewhere had the cost at $250. Chris spent just over two hours working on the car, and the cost came in below $200. I am very satisfied with both the cost and the quality of work. A+++.

- - - Updated - - -

dsmith, I dunno, could be. Would you check with the girl and see what the vandals' boyfriend says, please? :) Your not suggesting this is an enemy of skibum, are you? Could not be... Skibum has not enemies. Could not be. Who else has Arrest-Me Red?

thanks RodF and ddruz,

ddruz, No Paint Armor on this one (yet). But I have two coats of Glare on it, that I did myself. I believe that helped because their tool had a hard time scratching the paint. As you know, Glare puts a hardened shell over the paint, chrome and glass. The Glare sure makes the water run off the windows/windshield too.

Last edited:
Nigel, It was not so bad. We all know that any body work is expensive these days and will never be cheaper. And no two jobs are going to have the same damage and also cost the same as another. I believe because they work mobile they don't have building overhead and that helps. A quote elsewhere had the cost at $250. Chris spent just over two hours working on the car, and the cost came in below $200. I am very satisfied with both the cost and the quality of work. A+++.

- - - Updated - - -

dsmith, I dunno, could be. Would you check with the girl and see what the vandals' boyfriend says, please? :) Your not suggesting this is an enemy of skibum, are you? Could not be... Skibum has not enemies. Could not be. Who else has Arrest-Me Red?

thanks RodF and ddruz,

ddruz, No Paint Armor on this one (yet). But I have two coats of Glare on it, that I did myself. I believe that helped because their tool had a hard time scratching the paint. As you know, Glare puts a hardened shell over the paint, chrome and glass. The Glare sure makes the water run off the windows/windshield too.

Akikiki, I am so sorry to hear about Tessie2!!! Glad you got her back to a beautiful state again. Don't think i have enemies that mean! But there are quite a few reds riding around town. I've seen 2 in the downtown area recently, one in Kahala and another right by my house in Makiki. Glad to hear that the Glare provided some additional protection. We need to put an energy field around our MS. No bad energy allowed nearby!

Bummers

- - - Updated - - -

thanks RodF and ddruz,

Sorry to hear about your car. At least mine was accidental.

The service center recommended Classic Body Works in Pearl City for my repair.

Thanks to all for the concern and suggestions. We'll see what the guy's insurance company says.