Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel Shelf Attenuation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely. There have been times in which I have accidentally left the parcel shelf flipped up and noticed that even road noise from the rear wheels was slightly more noticeable. This was particularly true the one time that I left the lid off of the trunk well (where the fold away seats would otherwise be) and parcel shelf flipped up.

Absolutely. There have been times in which I have accidentally left the parcel shelf flipped up and noticed that even road noise from the rear wheels was slightly more noticeable. This was particularly true the one time that I left the lid off of the trunk well (where the fold away seats would otherwise be) and parcel shelf flipped up.

Same here.

I was going to ask the same thing. Thinking of getting the parcel shelf just for its (potential) rear wheel road noise suppression. So, I guess it does help a bit? (Too bad the price is crazy expensive for something that is now standard...)

Let's put it this way: if you were willing to pay for the studio sound, the parcel shelf should be a no-brainer :)