Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Folding Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Powered Folding Mirrors added!!

MyBuild guy said it should be no problem getting it upgraded (my completion date isn't until the third week of Nov.) and shouldn't delay delivery date. Could be trouble in your MS has started production and is already on the line, but if they haven't started the build you might be able to squeeze it in.

Powered Folding Mirrors added!!

MyBuild guy said it should be no problem getting it upgraded (my completion date isn't until the third week of Nov.) and shouldn't delay delivery date. Could be trouble in your MS has started production and is already on the line, but if they haven't started the build you might be able to squeeze it in.

+1 I just added them to my order, production scheduled for Mid-November.

They still stick out a fair amount, but for those with tight garages, it should save a few inches.

ui_option_tech_package_4_medium.jpg

Talked to someone in customer service (I guess my DS wasn't in yet) who is looking into adding it to mine. They sound a bit frustrated. Maybe they didn't really get much notice on the change? He said it was new to them this morning. Anyway, they're looking into my order and said I should know by the end of the day. I have a November 26th delivery at the factory, so I hope it's not too late. I foresee some parallel parking in the future, and I don't want to lose a mirror to a bike with how wide this thing is.

I can understand the service guys frustration - I worked for a telco manufacturer nearly 30 years ago when the max size of memory chips was changing every couple of months. The engineers wanted to use the new technology but as Service Manager I had to reign them in and remind them it was more work for the service retrofitting and with an ever increasing client base the problem was only going to get worse.