Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Prototype 3D Videos from Palo Alto Store Grand Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Link to a YouTube playlist of 3D videos of the prototype Model X I shot on Sunday, Oct. 13th, at the Palo Alto, CA store during its grand opening weekend. You can watch them in 2D by default at up to 1080 HD resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GuLP-Zw5M&list=PLlPCwNXIVZpyDTUImNgBsPZ69eKqRIIqI

This is the first 3D HD video I've published on YouTube. I haven't gotten a chance to watch these on my 3D LCD TV yet. If you have a 3D monitor or 3D LCD TV, please let me know how they look. Until recently, YouTube wasn't even supporting this video format (.m2ts files). If I get time, (unlikely now -- maybe during the holidays?), I'll edit the raw footage into one video and re-post.

This was shot with a Sony HDR-TD30 AVCHD 3D/Progressive 12x Extended Zoom (3D), 17x Extended Zoom (2D) handycam with 20.4 mega pixels still mode recording capability. A 1:54 3D video at 1920 x 1080 (16:9 video aspect ratio) and a 60i (interlaced) frame rate with an AVC video codec with Dolby Digital sound consumes 366 MBytes. I took it on a Med. cruise where it shot fantastic video. I love the built-in GPS receiver so you automatically know where you shot everything.

PS. I'd seen the first prototype at Santana Row. My takeaway impressions this time is I want one yesterday. Am now thinking of upgrading to Signature right near the end of that list so I'll have the option of configuring either way once we know the differences, if any, besides a special paint. (It won't affect my delivery hardly at all since I'm P83.) I'm hoping the production model uses the newer Panasonic batteries with higher energy density so the range will be the same or more than Model S -- although with superchargers everywhere by then, it probably won't matter much. This vehicle is going to make Tesla's brand awareness go even more viral every time someone returns to the parking lot and opens the X's falcon wing doors, IMO. Go TSLA!!! :biggrin:

I don't think this is right. :frown: If you look at the video from the left and right eyes, they are not focused in towards each other, but instead they pointing away from the center such that they together (when put side-by-side) create the full 16:9 wide image, instead of a regular-width image with overlap from the two perspectives. Maybe it's Youtube, or maybe the camera. It's hard to know without seeing the original footage.

Last edited:
I don't have a 3D TV or 3D monitor but just wanted to say that when I watch these videos on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) in the YouTube app, they play 'non 3D' but on my desktop monitor they play in 3D with the red coloring which is kind of annoying. So if you are interested in those videos, try playing them from your smartphone it may come up fine.

I don't have a 3D TV or 3D monitor but just wanted to say that when I watch these videos on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) in the YouTube app, they play 'non 3D' but on my desktop monitor they play in 3D with the red coloring which is kind of annoying. So if you are interested in those videos, try playing them from your smartphone it may come up fine.

you can change the playback settings (quality, etc.) using the star/flower icon in the player and one of these options with 3d enabled video allows you to turn it off.