Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocky Mount, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Richmond supercharger and the people there mentioned that the Rocky Mount supercharger is underway. Apparently conduit has been laid. Should be on target for early to mid November.

If anyone here lives near Rocky Mount, I have some ideas on where it might be after browsing around on Google Maps. Looks like there is a rest stop on I-95 just north of Rock Mount. Seems like the perfect location. The only other place that I can think of would be near the intersection of I-95 and US 64 (which would actually be more convenient so you don't have to get on 95 if you're traveling East-West on US 64). Anyone live nearby to do some recon?

If anyone here lives near Rocky Mount, I have some ideas on where it might be after browsing around on Google Maps. Looks like there is a rest stop on I-95 just north of Rock Mount. Seems like the perfect location. The only other place that I can think of would be near the intersection of I-95 and US 64 (which would actually be more convenient so you don't have to get on 95 if you're traveling East-West on US 64). Anyone live nearby to do some recon?

I'll be driving back from the beach on 64 on Sunday. I'll try and keep my eye out for anything. I'm also going to be investigating the Plymouth area as well to see if signs of that one has shown up.

And look what I've come across! In the double tree parking lot right off of exit 466 on 64.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382286130239.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382286130239.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 840
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382286231792.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382286231792.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 784
Thanks, doctrewho! :-D

Based on an overhead view from Google Maps (see link above for that) this appears to be a FIVE parking spot location. That would be an odd number for a Tesla SC site, literally and figuratively.

Hmm, there could be a sixth on the other side of the peninsula sticking out in front of the backhoe. See first picture; heck, it could even be eight (looks like some stuff beyond the parking spots on the other side of that peninsula?).

Or it could be four; after all, five old parking spots doesn't mean it has to be five new Supercharger spots.

Nice find! I'm glad it's on 64. A little less convenient when going on 95, but it would have been a lot more inconvenient for those on 64 to have to get on 95. I think my Raleigh to NY trip is coming soon. :)

Took the long way home after a visit to the new SC in VA; should have fully range charged before leaving VA, as I ended up having to stop at a 30A charger about 20 miles from home to make sure I got home... guess that long stretch of I-95 where I was reading the highway number as the speed limit affected range! :wink:

Definitely an 8 charger setup split into two groups by the curb at the corner of the parking strip with the charger bays. Not the best quality of photos (only had phone with me), but looks like they are making good progress!

IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

Took the long way home after a visit to the new SC in VA; should have fully range charged before leaving VA, as I ended up having to stop at a 30A charger about 20 miles from home to make sure I got home... guess that long stretch of I-95 where I was reading the highway number as the speed limit affected range! :wink:

Definitely an 8 charger setup split into two groups by the curb at the corner of the parking strip with the charger bays. Not the best quality of photos (only had phone with me), but looks like they are making good progress!

Ha! Glad you made it (and where'd you stop btw)! Looks like they're making great progress. Thanks for the update!

Ha! Glad you made it (and where'd you stop btw)! Looks like they're making great progress. Thanks for the update!
At the Schneider / Square D facility in Knightdale off of business 64, have used that one multiple times in a pinch when coming home from the east low on charge.

Schneider Electric - Visitor Lot - Electric Car (EV) Charging Station - PlugShare

I think they may have refreshed the hardware since my last visit, as this time it required waving my ChargePoint card at the unit to get charging started, don't recall that being required on prior visits.

If you don't yet have a ChargePoint card, I highly recommend getting one, as it is needed to activate various free chargers in NC and elsewhere.