Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Roadsters now eligible for import to Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

djp

Model 3 Performance
Aug 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I just noticed this on the Transport Canada website. Version 2.x Roadsters can now be imported to Canada!

ADMISSIBLE

Roadster models built from May 4, 2009 to August 31, 2011 inclusively (see Notes)

TESLA MOTORS

I'm torn between being thrilled to have access to all North American Roadsters, and depressed to see my car's value immediately converge to US levels. :smile:

I'm torn between being thrilled to have access to all North American Roadsters, and depressed to see my car's value immediately converge to US levels. :smile:

Definitely mixed feelings there. Mind you, it would still be necessary to convince Tesla Motors to make the mods for you - or find some aftermarket way of doing the needed mods for Canadian spec.

Given how busy the service centers are - my Roadster's annual service is overdue and every time I've asked nothing has happened - this may be more theoretical than practical.

Tesla probably did the filing to open up a larger market for CPO Roadsters, I'm sure they'd fast track the mods if you were buying one of theirs.

Interesting that Transport Canada sold their Roadster just before US imports were approved. Nice timing on their part!