Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19 inch rims for snow tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in need of a set of 19 inch rims for mounting snow tires here in Colorado and am unable to find any. The service center says the winter tire sets are out of stock and no one seems to know if they will be back in stock or when. Perhaps someone know of a source of OEM 19 inch rims for sale or where to find them, or perhaps can recommend aftermarket wheels that meet all the specs of the OEM rims such as offset of 40 and other dimensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The best place to look is on this forums "Tesla Parts for a Sale", I bought a set from a post their, complete with TPMS sensors, and even had the original Goodyear tires with them. I'm getting a set of Nokian Hakapolita R2's locally, and will actually have them mounted on my original 19" wheels.. In the Spring I'll mount the set I bought on the car and have the TPMS sensors added.
Doing it this way as my original tires have 8/32"s of tread, while the set I just bought has 10/32 on 2 (guessing they where rears), and 11/32 on the other 2 tires.. Might as well keep the set with more tread on them for Spring/Summer.

Just ordered this setup from TireRack for $1000 less than a set from Tesla. I already have the exact same set but in graphite and with Michelin Primacy MXM4s. They fit perfect, rated for the weight of the Model S and look great. They are also 5 lbs less than the OEM 19" rims. The silvers were on sale and thought I could use a nice winter contrast.

tab_products_ordered.gif

Qty

Size and Description

Availability

Price Each

Total Price

19x8.5 O.Z. Superturismo LM Silver

In Stock
$379.00
$1,516.00
79/64.12 ring for oz xl o.d.

Special Order
N/C
N/C
Required lugnut for vehicle (nickel plated)

In Stock
N/C
N/C
Lug installation tool

Special Order
N/C
N/C
433MHz Tire Pressure Sensor

Special Order
$97.00
$388.00
245/45R-19 Michelin X-Ice Xi3 XL

In Stock
$241.00
$964.00
Mount and Balance (No Charge)

In Stock
N/C
N/C
Note: As a complimentary service to you, the Tire Identification Codes for the tires you purchased will
be automatically registered with the Department of Transportation (DOT).

tab_vehicles.gif

Some products above selected for the following vehicle(s):
Vehicle: 13 Tesla Model S Performance Plus

Shipping:
$163.93

Order Total Including Shipping:

$3,031.93
WP_20130504_002.jpg

The best place to look is on this forums "Tesla Parts for a Sale", I bought a set from a post their, complete with TPMS sensors, and even had the original Goodyear tires with them. I'm getting a set of Nokian Hakapolita R2's locally, and will actually have them mounted on my original 19" wheels.. In the Spring I'll mount the set I bought on the car and have the TPMS sensors added.
Doing it this way as my original tires have 8/32"s of tread, while the set I just bought has 10/32 on 2 (guessing they where rears), and 11/32 on the other 2 tires.. Might as well keep the set with more tread on them for Spring/Summer.

Spoton! Real Nordic rubber and 19". The way we do it in Sweden ;-)

I am in need of a set of 19 inch rims for mounting snow tires here in Colorado and am unable to find any. The service center says the winter tire sets are out of stock and no one seems to know if they will be back in stock or when. Perhaps someone know of a source of OEM 19 inch rims for sale or where to find them, or perhaps can recommend aftermarket wheels that meet all the specs of the OEM rims such as offset of 40 and other dimensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can always hit eBay as well though it can be hard to get a reasonable price. I got a set of 4 for just shy of $1200 including tires and center caps but no TPMS. You can judge whether or not that was a good price. There's nothing listed right now.

Also...just so you know, you can find other manufacturer 'take-offs' for good deals too. I chose BMW OEM 20" wheels with TPMS already installed (they are supposed 433MHz, I'll report back once it's figured out whether or not they can be programmed to the car).

All I need to do is buy some winter/all season tires of the right aspect ratio for the Model S.

1399289_10152002221893413_1604007592_o.jpg