Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what does Tesla do now to repair the damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought now would be a good time to talk about what Tesla could or should do--besides survive financially.

How about bring Martin back? I know we've talk to this at length, but it seems relatively simple for Tesla to ask Martin if he would come back and serve in some capacity. We know it won't be CEO. As a buyer in the EV market, I'd like to know the Company would keep the founder around because let's face it, he got it off the ground.

Even if they wanted Martin back he does not strike me as one to be taking a step backwards in his life. Just time to move on to something bigger and better. We all know that he is capable of more and being unfettered would certainly enhance that capability.

You guys have over 700 posts between the 2 of you... I know that you know Tesla better than most. With all the bad blood said in the press some of which was Martin about Elon's Chairman abilities and his roles, but mostly Elon's personal attacks on Martin, that continue even this month, do you guys see reconciliation signs that I am missing? Seriously? :eek:

No - that was actually my point. Even if they wanted Martin back I am pretty sure that he would take a pass on that one and continue moving on to the bigger and better things that he has said he is starting .... He did a GREAT thing so why go back and try and do it again !!?!?!?!? especially after he got burned doing it .....

I think all this discussion about him going back is useless to have .....

I don't think Martin will ever return to Tesla.

But then again, I never thought Steve Jobs would return to Apple. Those bridges were burned down also.

In the Steve Jobs case, Mac wasn't following Jobs' original plan and was not "living up" to his high standards. Jobs did it to keep his company that he started from not being what he wanted. I'm not sure if Tesla is really at that point. Of course, anything is possible, but don't hold your breath (you might pass out :tongue:)

-Shark2k

It amazes me to this day how every one is surprised Steve Jobs jumped back in. I had a conversation with a well known CTO a few years back at the Waterfront Grill in Seattle. He used to work for Apple during the Pepsi man days. I told him years ago I told anyone who would listen that Jobs would come back and take care of his baby. Of course the CTO thought I was full of it and honestly no one listened to me years ago. One of the rare times I've been proven right. Just wish I had the money to put where my mouth was then.

Given the release of Leaf I wonder how BlueStar plans have changed? If at all.

We asked him what he thought the market would look like in 2010, when many of the large auto makers are first launching their electric vehicles, and he said it would be significantly later than that before any serious contenders came onto the market.

Elon's response at the time (~ 18 months ago) was somewhat accurate.

Given the release of Leaf I wonder how BlueStar plans have changed? If at all.

If at all.

I've been thinking that through this whole discussion. Tesla Motor's canned response is, "We welcome the competition if it puts more electric cars on the road". I don't think it's flippant. The market is huge and growing. Tesla will sell every car they can manufacture. And they'll learn lessons from the companies that get to market before them.

Maybe twenty years from now "competition" in the market-space will mean "competition", but right now all it means is more interest in electric cars.