I know we are all focused on upcoming Model S preview, and changes for the 2009 Roadster, but plans are underway for substantial Roadster changes in a few years.
I think we know that:
- It will get some kind of "gen 2" drivetrain with likely liquid cooled motor that can provide better sustained high power output.
- Franz Von Holzhausen will flex his designer's muscles and provide something more novel with some sort of Tesla specific design sensibilities that tie into where Model S starts to take us.
Anyone got any wishlist ideas they want to throw out there?
- Easier to get in and out of it?
- Adjustable steering column?
- True convertible rather than removable top?
Thinking about the current Roadster, one thing I think they could play with would be the tail lights. Instead of the cluster of circles, which sort of mimics the circles typical of a incandescent in a reflector, they could make more linear shapes with LEDs. I was pondering how a Roadster would look with more BMW Z8 like tail lights.