Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full body wrap in Seattle area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of people have recommended Metropolitan Detail with the XPEL wrap. Not cheap at about $7,500 and they keep your car for 5 days but I've seen one car done by them and it looks great.

I just had a full front wrap (XPEL) at Metropolitan Detail along with Crystalline tint. You can find places to do it cheaper, but I don't know about better. They were wrapping two other Teslas when I dropped mine off and I was impressed with their work. Hadn't planned on the wrap (just tint and opti-coat), but after I saw it on the others, I added it.

I was either going to go to Metropolitan Detail or Northwest Auto Salon (who did a great wrap in Stealth on their blog), but I went with Metropolitan because I decided on Crystalline instead of the Prestige Photosync. Bonuses for me were the location and the free loaner.

I have to say that I love the idea of a full wrap since it is self healing...but I only did the full front wrap and the door edges. I have to agree with coreym about Metropolitan Detail. Very happy with the wrap and with Metropolitan Detail's service.

Their prices seem to be double what others charge but sounds like they do a great job. I have Tesla Paint armor and the hood completely redone, trying to decide if a full wrap is worth it since it is almost 8% the cost of the car.

Ha, I posted the exact same question on the Tesla site at almost the exact same time and was referred over here.
Metro does seem pretty expensive but has great reviews.
NW Autoshield quoted me $4k for the full wrap and offered to do it in my garage.
I'm still calling around but was hoping to get pointed in the right direction.
Also, both places actually tried to talk me out of the whole body wrap. My whole reason for wanting the doors was to protect against other doors in garages but since it doesn't sound like they really help with that, I'm questioning going that route.

I had Metro Detail wrap my entire green Model S last week. They did a great job. I took delivery on Sunday, dropped it off Monday morning and picked it up Thursday noon. Yep, it is $8,000. But I didn't want any gee-I-wish-had-gotten-it-wrapped sleepless nights. With the wrap it should wash and buff up easier (and I like knowing I'll not be touching the paint when I'm washing). Finally, somewhere down the road should it be necessary, the wrap can be removed and you are back to the pristine paint job.

Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue is great! No only do they do a fantastic job but they take pride in their work. Customer satisfaction is a priority and I was very pleased with the fine work they did. Consider having your windshield wrapped, it just recently saved me from a replacement . . .

I'd highly recommend Northwest Auto Salon. They have done a ton of work on Teslas, including redoing a bunch of stuff done at "other" shops. They work on a lot of high end cars, including Ferraris, Lamborghinis. They've even wrapped a Koenigsegg.

They did my car with a full satin XPEL wrap, they've also done a full matte white wrap on my red Ferrari.

I have no business affiliation with NWAS other than an extremely satisfied customer. I do not trust anyone else with my cars except Blake at NWAS.

Anyone done an XPEL wrap by Benchmark Motoring in Bellevue? They quoted me $5k for full XPEL Ultimate wrap....

thats a fantastic price in fact lower than any competitor that I've talked to anywhere in washington. As someone that's had a wrap done by someone poorly first and had to have it ripped off my car and done a second time by a fantastic place one thing I might recommend is ask them for some references, how many Teslas have they done full wraps on in the past year, are they using kits, or are they cutting everything by hand (there are pluses and minuses to both, ideally if done by hand and they know what they are doing you will get the best job because it will be custom cut for your car, however if they aren't all that knowledgeable about Teslas and Teslas lines etc they can cut into the paint and you wouldn't know it until a few years from now when you go to take the wrap off your car and you think you are going to have this pristine paint underneath only to find nope you have millions of tiny cuts all the way to the metal (I had a few of those from my original installer) or kits that are already pre cut from xpel and they just slap them on. They don't do nearly as well of a job covering your car as a custom cut would.)

i got around 6 bids for a full xpel ultimate wrap on my tesla including from my original installer (that did an awful job) and they ranged from ($6800 original install) to $8500 ultimately I asked around and went with one of the more expensive ones just because of what people had to say about them and th DID do a fabulous job.

Anyone done an XPEL wrap by Benchmark Motoring in Bellevue? They quoted me $5k for full XPEL Ultimate wrap....

Haven't heard of them. That price is quite a bit lower than the going rate around here. Find out if that includes all edges wrapped and tucked. That requires considerably more labor, but results in a wrap that's completely invisible with no lines showing anywhere (except a couple of corners where it's impossible). Should also last longer as there are fewer places to catch and lift the film.