Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Plan and Ranger Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feel free to point me at existing threads...Filling my time while waiting for car with considering service options.

First, if you don't pre-pay for Tesla service can you just pay annually? Are you giving up anything by not pre-paying other than the risk of a price increase?

Second, is there consensus whether it is worth paying for unlimited Ranger service? I live maybe 10 - 15 miles from the Bellevue SC on the East Side. Or is it that Ranger is nice for things like when you are on a trip or just generally further away from an SC?

Ultimately I am trying to figure out the break-even analysis on paying $100 out of pocket for Ranger visit. To break even on a 4 year plan it seems like I would need to use it 5 times in 4 years.

1. Yes, you can just pay annually; also the service not required for the warranty. When you pre-pay, the price is lower (if you don't get the ranger service); also there's the increase possibility, yes.
2. I have the unlimited ranger service, and haven't gotten anything for it. But I'm also close to the Bellevue, SC. I bought it in case I need it while travelling.