Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jacksonville SuperCharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Jacksonville part of Florida? It seems like there are no MS owners there and no one interested in the supercharger location. What gives?
We have a number of club members in the Jacksonville area. The problem is that so far we don't have any credible information, such as building permits or insider information to provide status. We are all impatient to obtain a better timeline and as soon as we obtain some credible information we will post it here.

Larry

Is Jacksonville part of Florida? It seems like there are no MS owners there and no one interested in the supercharger location. What gives?

Yes, people are extremely interested in Jacksonville. Once Jacksonville is up and running I can go from Miami to Tallahassee, which is somewhere I need to be able to go. But more importantly, it will open up Miami-Boston all on SCs.

Yes, people are extremely interested in Jacksonville. Once Jacksonville is up and running I can go from Miami to Tallahassee, which is somewhere I need to be able to go. But more importantly, it will open up Miami-Boston all on SCs.

Don't you need a couple of more Superchargers between Jacksonville and Rocky Mount for Miami-Boston to work, 482 miles is a long way on one charge...Jacksonville, FL to Rocky Mt, NC - Google Maps

I was hoping to see this one up and running by Thanksgiving for a trip to Georgia, but unfortunately here I am with the ICE vehicle : (

I know the feeling. Am in Panama City Florida to visit my 97 year old grandmother. Getting tired of explaining to family members why I didn't drive the Tesla fromTampa. Maybe next year................

I tried looking for permits on the City of Jax website a couple weeks ago. Didn't find anything, but had a hard time searching & not sure I was doing it correctly. Sounds like St Augustine might be coming up sooner at this point. See Larry's recent post on the private FL group discussion.

Bump. Thought I'd give it one last ping before this month to see if there was any chance this one would be up in time for Christmas. Anyone seen or heard anything? Permitting?

Hi Charles,

As Jeff, Lifeguard(ret.), mentions I discuss this a bit in the Fla West Coast Abandoned? private thread. Currently the revised Supercharger map no longer shows the Jacksonville Supercharger, but it does show the St. Augustine location which is coming soon, probably in less than 2 months. That would put the distance between the St. Augustine location about 176 miles from the Savannah Supercharger, which is also under construction.

Larry

Hi Charles,

As Jeff, Lifeguard(ret.), mentions I discuss this a bit in the Fla West Coast Abandoned? private thread. Currently the revised Supercharger map no longer shows the Jacksonville Supercharger, but it does show the St. Augustine location which is coming soon, probably in less than 2 months. That would put the distance between the St. Augustine location about 176 miles from the Savannah Supercharger, which is also under construction.

Larry

So why is St. Augustine the better location here when jacksonville would make trips north and south to other superchargers around 100 or so miles.

So why is St. Augustine the better location here when jacksonville would make trips north and south to other superchargers around 100 or so miles.

I'm not sure I understand your question. I didn't say the St. Augustine was the better location merely that it was about 176 miles from the next known Supercharger location, meaning the trip to Savannah from St. Augustine is doable.

For the record I think that in a perfect world a Jacksonville location would be better than a St. Augustine location and that the St. Augustine location should have been deferred and instead a Supercharger should first have gone to the Gainesville/Ocala region. This is an opinion that I communicated directly to the executive in charge of Supercharger deployment.

I can't elaborate, but I believe that despite the removal of the Jacksonville Supercharger from the map, it is likely we will see it restored soon.

Larry