Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attention Raleigh Tesla Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hadn't been on the forums this afternoon / evening and just now seeing this thread, so for those that don't also follow the local Tesla Facebook group where this also was posted, I've signed up to bring my car down to the Brickyard tomorrow.

Should be a fun time, have to see if any area forum members drop by!

Post pics!
The area around my Tesla (and another owner had their S there for the first hour or so of the ~3.5 hours I was there) had a crowd of varying size for the duration of the event, so I never even got the chance to get my DSLR camera out of the trunk to snap any pics. I've contacted one of the event staff who had a camera and definitely was taking pictures to see if she can pass along any for me to share. Best I have is a crappy cell phone pic I snapped when there was a lull in the crowd... the lack of any real detailing really shows after coming home from a 3 day road-trip and doing a hasty wash last night after I signed up at the last minute to display at the event - wow are those tires looking sad!

1075816_10201970852970865_154986321_n.jpg

Wish I could have been there, but sadly I don't have the car yet. :) Is this an annual thing? I'm with Eggplant, pics would be awesome.

Edit: And that's what I get for not refreshing the post before replying. :)
From chatting with one of the event organizers, it sounds like they have done this event at least once in the past, and plan to do it again in the future, but they don't yet have a real fixed schedule... she was thinking they'd be doing it twice a year, once in the spring, once in the fall. I've put her and the local sales guy in touch with each other, so hopefully they can have a cleaner / newer car (or two) and a knowledgeable sales rep show up next time. And a much larger stack of the Car of the Year article reprints! While I'd grabbed 3 bundles of those from the service center on the way to NCSU, even with rationing how many I put out at a time, they were all gone before the 3 hour event ended.

There were several photographers snapping pics, hopefully they have a pic with the university chancellor chatting up the other owner when he was there!