Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S most sold car in Norway for the whole September!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S suveren i september - Motor - Hegnar Online

It seems that Tesla has sold 616 Model S's during September. Last news was that the first two weeks were 322 cars so albeit a slight smaller amount the second two week period did come close and the total is now close to 800 cars. That's far more then Tesla promised (wasn't it 1000 cars by end of year) so they've again underpromised and overdelivered :) At this rate Tesla is going to make quite an impression on the world if they can pull of a serious market penetration in Norway due to the massive incentives :D

In any case, this is something for the positive Q3 numbers :) All of those cars were in Q3 and Norway alone.

Tesla Model S suveren i september - Motor - Hegnar Online

It seems that Tesla has sold 616 Model S's during September. [...]
In any case, this is something for the positive Q3 numbers :) All of those cars were in Q3 and Norway alone.

Very nice - I would love to see the stats for Denmark: while not quite as favorable as Norway, also Denmark has huge incentives for electric cars and given the fact that a bare-bone Audi A4 Sedan in Denmark is about the price of a Model S 60 I would expect to see quite a lot of Teslas...

Congratulations to all in Northern Europe for being so switched on with electric vehicles.

Some might say it is just down to government incentives and tax structures (in which case my congratulations go to the politicians of Northern Europe), but it has to be in large part due to the general level of awareness in the public don't you think?

Down here in Spain it is shockingly different. People here have almost zero idea about EVs. When I drive around they look because our Teslas are nice looking cars but its only when I tell them they are electric that they realize.

I'd say that, of all the people who speak to me about the cars, only 1 in 20 know of Tesla.

What do you think we can do down here to boost awareness?

Hope that Model S wins?

European Car of the Year 2014

Other than that it's a good question. I think presenting the car at various car events is a good start, it's the word of mouth that has to travel and if it's positive it travels exponentially :) Writing twitter and facebook posts that are public so that friends can share etc help too. I've noticed quite some awareness to Tesla in Estonia that I was surprised of. Still there's tons of misinformation out there too, mostly about range and temperature tolerance and whether it's compliant with local charging standards...

I think it is definitely incentives.

There are a lot of Aussies that have heard of Tesla, but unfortunately, it looks like the gov will be slapping on the standard Luxury Car Tax, which means that it will cost about 50-80k more for a P85+ than the USA.

Most people (if any) will not recover the extra costs, just buy buying an EV. Therefore no-one is going to bother