Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of EU charging networks as favorite web links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my new Tesla about 10 days ago. The only charging points mentioned on the Nav app are either the Tesla Supercharger (currently 6 in NO, more than 2,000 km away from where I live so not very usefull :wink:) and the places where I charged so far (home, work, etc.).

Hence I would like to assemble a list of EU charging networks that I can enter as web favorites in my new Tesla. Is that information available somewhere?

Otherwise we could assemble one in this thread, making it cross EU countries.

I would start with http://openchargemap.org/site/

Other suggestions?

If you want a big screen of openchargemap on your tesla you can use this link

Open Charge Map

in the forum you have many lists too
Data Sources Per Country - Open Charge Map - Discussions

then you also ChargeMap - a community driven map of charging points for electric vehicles
LEMnet (watch the links (bottom of page)

Oplaadpalen / Oplaadpunten / Auto opladen - Dit is de onafhankelijke website die alle oplaadpalen en oplaadpunten laat zien, ook via een app te benaderen vanuit de auto

- - - Updated - - -

the webapp of openchargemap is also accesible http://openchargemap.org/app/
in multiple languages

indeed, it's a crazy world out there!
Everybody thinks it has found the goos with the golden eggs
some unfortunately realised the hard way it does not exist

Anyway soon, with superchargers, for tesla drivers it won't mather anymore

Of cource, but if @chargelocator can circumnavigate the world by just charging a tesla-roadster from a household-plug. I am sure others can too
And Tesla does only need 100 superchargers to cover europe. Not an unsolvable problem
By the way electricity is everywhere in europe, just know that for a tesla every plug is a chargingstation

Even in Africa they have electricity! Not everywhere of cource, but are you planning to go there?

- - - Updated - - -

an other good site

http://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankstellen/routenplaner/

Norway and Finland:

General charging map:
Ladestasjoner.no
(Norwegian slow charging stations are generally locked with a key. One key fits all. Key is available for free from municipal parking office in Oslo or other large municpalities.)

Specialized charging map for Model S (excludes slow-charging and charging options like chademo/combo not relevant for Model S):
http://ladestasjoner.no/hurtiglading/model-s-ladekart

This charging map is based on the NOBIL charging database. Other countries' authorities are invited to join the project, by taking ownership of managing their countries' data in the database. Having a high quality national database of charging stations is really important for EV-mobility.

There's also an iPhone app called Lade Nå! and a data feed.

Denmark:

Danish commercial charging network:
CLEVER - Strm til din elbil
Oversigt over ladestandere - E.ON

(E.ON is taking over BetterPlace's Danish charging infrastructure after BetterPlace went bankrupt.)

Danish free regional slow charging:
www.opladning.nu
Kort over ladestandere - NRGi
(Note that Denmark uses different plugs than neighbouring countries Germany, Norway and Sweden. They use CEE outdoors, and a three-pin schuko indoors (ie indoor parking garages. Buy a CEE-to-schuko adapter before going to Denmark, and buy a danish-to-german schuko adapter at large Danish electric stores.)

Germany:

E-Mobility - Vattenfall
eMobility | RWE Ladesäulenfinder

Netherlands:

Oplaadpalen / Oplaadpunten / Auto opladen - Dit is de onafhankelijke website die alle oplaadpalen en oplaadpunten laat zien, ook via een app te benaderen vanuit de auto

United Kingdom:

Zap Map from Next Green Car

Last edited:
Charging in Denmark
Clever
All J1772 are free
And they are deploying 22Kw type 2 chargers all over the country
And they have several CHAdeMO charger at shopping centers

Clever's 22kw chargers are great. Just make sure you buy a Clever RFID card a few weeks before you go to Denmark.

Chademo might be interesting soon with the new Chademo adapter, but the J1772 outlets are just frustrating. J1772 can't be used with the European Model S. Tesla has no plans to make an adapter. And the J1772 outlets are located in some places like northern Jylland where Clever really doesn't have any offerings yet for the Model S.

J1772 shouldn't be used for public charging infrastructure in Europe. I hope Clever will replace some of the J1772 they have today with type2 outlets, at least in places where they have multiple J1772 side by side.

I was stuck in Århus with only 70km rated on my battery two weeks ago, and had a hard time to find electricity to drive on. BetterPlace's chargers were unlit because of their bankruptcy, and E.On Denmark hasn't been able to switch them on yet. Clever only had J1772 outlets. The parking garage attendant for some reason didn't like me climbing the wall and borrowing a red outlet in his garage. Schuko outlets in indoor parking garages were unusable to me due to the odd grounding on Danish schuko outlets. Hardware stores in central Århus didn't sell Danish-to-German schuko adapters. Tesla hasn't provided us Norwegians with red and blue adapters yet. It was only dumb luck that I happened to have a CEE-to-schuko adapter and stumbled over an old NRGi charging station at Radisson Blu hotel with a CEE outlet, so that I was able to slow charge and drive on the next day. A not so fun day in Århus, but I was really impressed with the reception at Radisson Blu hotel, where I didn't even stay, who knew where to find a functioning charging station.

Charging in Estonia is done through ELMO program chargers. There are 200 chargers throughout Estonia and their locations can be seen here: ELMO - Eesti elektromobiilsuse programm| Laadimispunktid. The chargers feature one CHAdeMO DC charger and one Type-II port that can do 3x32A (i.e. full 22kW that the twin chargers can take).

I just got a letter from Latvenergo that is responsible for Latvian deployment of chargers and they are only starting. Here's their reply that also includes the map, but the majority of installations will start in 2014 (the current ones are pretty useless with only one Type-II charger in whole Latvia).

With reference to your e-mail , would like to inform you that at present moment the project of electric vehicles infrastructure is in the development (Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the transport sector - support for electric vehicles and the charging infrastructure for implementation website:http://www.varam.gov.lv/lat/darbibas_veidi/KPFI/projekti/?doc=14778 )

It is planned to set up electric vehicles charging stations with the following parameters :
- 1 place in DC (50 kW, 120 A ) + 1 place in AC ( 3.7 kW, 16 A , 230 V and 11 kW
16A, 400V ) - in small towns ;
- Two places DC ( 100 kW, 2 x 120 A ) + AC 2 seats ( 11 kW, 16A, 400V , 22
kW, 32A, 400V ) - in large cities , with the exception of Riga ;
- 4 places DC ( 200 kW, 4 x 120 A ) + AC four -site ( 11 kW, 16A, 400V , 22
kW, 32A, 400V ) - Riga.

The information about payment is not present, as the method of payment will be determined by the companies of the project.

More detailed information about electric vehicles points is available here: http://www.latvenergo.lv/lat/iepirkumi_konkursi_piedavajumi/e_transporta_uzlades_punktu_karte/

When I find out more about Lithuania I'll post here.