Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Cincinnati area EV drivers free next wednesday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rifleman

Now owns 2 Model S's!!!
Nov 29, 2011
Harrison Ohio
I received a call from AAA today stating that they have installed a charger at their red bank road location. They asked me if I could round up a couple EV drivers to stop by to test it out before their ribbon cutting ceremony on the 11th. The would like to have as many EV's stop by as possible between 5-7pm on October 9th. This will give them a chance to make sure the charger works with a variety of cars, and to chat with the EV owners a little bit to get feedback to help with the deployment of future chargers. I am planning on bringing my Volt for them to try out, would anyone else be interested in attending?

Here is the official info I received.

AAA is promoting their new electric car charging station at AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service 3998 Red Bank Road (Red Bank Village).

Electric Vehicle Owners Meet-Up (w/ refreshments)
Wednesday, October 9th from 5 -7 pm

Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
Friday, October 11th at 11 am

rsvp to [email protected]

I stopped by and tested this charger yesterday, and am pleased to report it worked well. It less than 100 yards from a walmart and several places to eat, available 24/7, and completely free (need to swipe a chargepoint card, but if you dont have one, they have one at the front desk to loan you). Talking with the staff their, they said that the current plan is for this to be the first of many chargers at AAA offices. They are going to use the chargepoint info from this cahrger to know how people are using it, and then will plan their roll out accordingly.

Has anyone heard any more news on the Tesla Store in Kenwood Towne Center. I hope they add in a HPWC at a minimum fur customer use.

I have not heard much yet. Hopefully they will put some sort of public charging option there. As a volt driver, of course I am hoping for a J1772, but I imagine if Tesla is funding it, that they would be HPWC's. Maybe having a Tesla store will be what it takes to finally get the mall to put in some chargers of their own.

How fast does the J plug take to charge your volt.

The Volt only has a 3.3 kWh charger, so the best it can do is about 10 miles of range per hour. I still fail to understand why so many car manufacturers insist on using such anemic chargers in their vehicles, as a better one would not add significant cost or weight. Tesla hit the nail on the head with the 10 kWh standard charger. Its big enough to give you a meaningful charge rate from L2, and it can make full use out of the relatively common 14-50 outlets.