Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having problems getting Solar America to do the electrical work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent Solar America the quote request early in September when I ordered the car, thinking that was plenty of lead time since My car isn't due until late October. Well, fast forward 3 weeks and still not a word. No email, no call, nothing. So I call THEM. Some guy named Jeff answers the phone and tells me that my request never made it to the "right people". So I hang up and wait, and again, nothing...

So I call again today. Get the same guy (Jeff) and now he tells me that there's nothing he can do to help me since there is no way for a customer to directly contact the division that does the installs for new Teslas... all he can do is give them my information again... Wtf? So now I'm supposed to just sit and wait until "someone calls me". Again. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in SA. I really expected them to be more professional... Is anyone else having problems getting them to call you back?

I'd execute on Plan B - get a competent local electrician to do what ever you need. It's not exactly rocket science and there really isn't anything that special about the charger. I got an HPWC and NEMA 14-50 installed in my garage by an electrician without much fuss.

There are a number threads on this topic and, IIRC, a number of electrician recommendations. I'd look in the Model S/Battery & Charging section. Also might be some in the California regional section as well.

I'd execute on Plan B - get a competent local electrician to do what ever you need. It's not exactly rocket science and there really isn't anything that special about the charger. I got an HPWC and NEMA 14-50 installed in my garage by an electrician without much fuss.

There are a number threads on this topic and, IIRC, a number of electrician recommendations. I'd look in the Model S/Battery & Charging section. Also might be some in the California regional section as well.
Will do. Thanks for the pointer.