Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Wheels Chromed (Pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my wheels chromed yesterday at Tires Buy Mark. I called them and they had new 19" factory Tesla wheels which they chromed for me, and then they took my wheels in exchange. My original tires and TPMs went to the chromed wheels.

Here's the results.

I watched the car like a hawk to make sure no one accidentally bumped into those jacks while they were swapping the tires and TPMs.
Morrison Lumia 1020_20130928_16_08_45_Pro__highres.jpg

Here's the result!
Morrison Lumia 1020_20130928_16_26_47_Pro__highres.jpg

Stopped by Topanga Mall for a charge. I was pretty low on juice.
Morrison Lumia 1020_20130928_17_04_28_Pro__highres.jpg

My gorgeous wife makes the car look 100x better than it already is. :)
Morrison Lumia 1020_20130928_18_15_25_Pro__highres.jpg

Last edited:
I personally kinda like it. It makes sense with the other Chrome accents on the car. I also like the Stock look just as much. Chrome = classy; Stock = Sporty. It would add a little time in keeping them clean I'd imagine... Overall, I think it looks really nice and I think it looks super nice on the Black or on the Grey Model S as well.

ETA: That's not your wife. No way... ;)

Last edited:
I personally kinda like it. It makes sense with the other Chrome accents on the car. I also like the Stock look just as much. Chrome = classy; Stock = Sporty. It would add a little time in keeping them clean I'd imagine... Overall, I think it looks really nice and I think it would look super nice on a Black and Grey Model S as well.

ETA: That's not your wife. No way... ;)

I had a month to think about the decision. I went back and forth between gray, black, and finally decided to go for chrome. I think for a black car with chrome accents, it's a natural fit. It looks like it could be stock. I don't like when wheels look like you're trying too hard and look like a huge departure of the natural look of the way the car was intended. I'm pretty happy with the chrome.

That's indeed the wife, the original @persiangoddess. I'm very fortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Brett you mentioned something about chroming wheels, but I'm still struck by the last pic, speaking of the boots of course as a Texan--lucky man for sure! :redface:

Loving the rims--congrats!

LOL. Thanks Tex. I feel like we all are lucky to have this car. The wife is special, limited edition, one-of-a-kind.

Last edited:
At the Cupertino, CA plug-in day there was a guy in a brown S with chromed stock wheels. As someone who generally hates chrome wheels, it looked significantly better than I would have imagined it would. Probably because the Model S has quite a number of chrome pieces to start with.

Brett--

Was watching "The Amazing Race" debut last night and as the teams parked their Ford Fusions at LAX they had to plug them in-- maybe 10 minutes into the show. I SWEAR in the background on the opposing row of cars I saw your Model S. Or, at the very least, I saw another black MS with chromed factory 19" wheels. Pretty sure CBS posts full episodes if you want to check it out.

Made me smile to see a Tesla... and my son caught it too (doubly proud).

Brett--

Was watching "The Amazing Race" debut last night and as the teams parked their Ford Fusions at LAX they had to plug them in-- maybe 10 minutes into the show. I SWEAR in the background on the opposing row of cars I saw your Model S. Or, at the very least, I saw another black MS with chromed factory 19" wheels. Pretty sure CBS posts full episodes if you want to check it out.

Made me smile to see a Tesla... and my son caught it too (doubly proud).

Wish I could say it was me but it wasn't - for sure. And I just watched it online to be REALLY sure. It's here: The Amazing Race Video - Back in the Saddle - CBS.com at 13:30.

Good eyes - but wasn't me. My Model S doesn't go anywhere without me knowing, and I definitely never parked in that spot!

I got my wheels chromed yesterday at Tires Buy Mark. I called them and they had new 19" factory Tesla wheels which they chromed for me, and then they took my wheels in exchange. My original tires and TPMs went to the chromed wheels.

Here's the results.

I watched the car like a hawk to make sure no one accidentally bumped into those jacks while they were swapping the tires and TPMs.

Here's the result!

Stopped by Topanga Mall for a charge. I was pretty low on juice.

My gorgeous wife makes the car look 100x better than it already is. :)
/QUOTE]

Brett,

Thanks for the inspiration! Just got my wheels high-gloss polished w transparent powder coating to make them winterproof. I think they look great!

IMG_20140709_160639.jpg