Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased range of P85+ over P85?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember reading on the Tesla website when the Plus version first came out that the P85+ would have improved range over P85. I'm not sure why this would be the case...perhaps improved aerodynamics due to the suspension upgrade? Does anyone have any real life experience between the two to verify or refute this claim? If so, how much difference are we talking about?

Just bear in mind that it's pretty easy to eat up that 3% by going a bit faster :)

Going faster in a P85+?? I would never dream of doing anything so rash! (Just don't look at my speedometer.) :big grin:

According to the Tesla website, there's an approximately 6% range loss for the 21" wheels compared to the 19" wheels, amongst all the 85kW models. So would it be fair to say that there's only a 3% penalty in range for the P85+ compared with the S85, assuming the same speed and air conditioner use?

According to the Tesla website, there's an approximately 6% range loss for the 21" wheels compared to the 19" wheels, amongst all the 85kW models. So would it be fair to say that there's only a 3% penalty in range for the P85+ compared with the S85, assuming the same speed and air conditioner use?

My thought here is that anything within +-5% is the same as zero due to the limits of accuracy of the instrumentation and other variable factors. So 6% would be barely noticeable, the 3% will get lost in the noise. It's not that it isn't real, or isn't there, it's just that you need very controlled conditions to reliably see it.