Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November / Late November delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who ordered with a November / Late November initial delivery received their VIN? From signatures that posted their confirm / initial delivery dates it would appear that anyone who missed the October / Late October window (those that confirmed on or before 09/10-ish) haven't received a VIN at this point. Just wondering if my theory proves out or not. Gives me something other to think about. :)

it would appear that anyone who missed the October / Late October window (those that confirmed on or before 09/10-ish) haven't received a VIN at this point.

I suspect that is true. It could be something as simple a batch of European models being produced before our run starts.

Or maybe they don't want people tracking VIN for cars due near the next earning report.

Has anyone who ordered with a November / Late November initial delivery received their VIN? From signatures that posted their confirm / initial delivery dates it would appear that anyone who missed the October / Late October window (those that confirmed on or before 09/10-ish) haven't received a VIN at this point. Just wondering if my theory proves out or not. Gives me something other to think about. :)
I confirmed on 9/24 but have not yet received a VIN.

I ordered 9/7 and confirmed 9/15. I received my VIN the next day 9/16 on the My Tesla website.

My preferred delivery has always shown "Late October". When I called Tesla they said my car would be built the last week of October and delivered the first week of November.

I am still hoping that things proceed a little quicker and i get the car in October as originally planned.

No VIN yet. I've been talking to Caitlin and Gar at inside sales and they helped me change my S85 to a P85 (yay!). They said the VIN usually isn't assigned until all the parts have been sources. Usually 2 weeks before production. I'm not sure how typical that is or if there is any real time frame. I confirmed on 09/16 and haven't gotten a VIN yet.

I confirmed my order on 16 Sep, and I've not received a VIN yet. My web dashboard is showing "November" delivery.

At the sales center the associate mentioned that the factory batches similar configurations during builds, such that popular configurations ship sooner. Given that, I'll note that my build is: green S85, black leather, lacewood, pano, air, tech, hi-fi audio, dual chargers, fog lamps, parking sensors. I have no idea how popular that configuration is, or how well it would batch.