Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank You for Sticking Around

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if this should be classified as "Site Feedback" because it is equally about the car.

Over the years I have joined various Porsche, BMW and Mercedes web forums in anticipation of ultimately purchasing new vehicles. In those forums, I lurk and make occasional posts and learn a lot about the cars. My excitement about and desire for "car X" grows. I feel part of a community. It's a great escape at moments at work and home to read and think about what invariably is a major investment/expenditure. Then, after acquiring "car X", my need to be a part of that particular vehicle's forum dwindles, rapidly. Life goes on ... and after a few months, the car is just another method of transportation to get you from place to place. Delete bookmark to forum.

Here at TMC, it feels different. I see people who have had their Roadsters and/or Model S's for a relatively long time. But they are still here, participating in dialogues about the car and their experiences. I love that. It may be the technology, the design, the ride, the company, the CEO, the novelty, the imagination, the future, the whatever ... but it's different. In a good way. Thank you to all of you who stick around and are involved in this community long after taking delivery. It gives me joy about what is to come.

Agreed and I did lapse for a few months, mainly due to incessant driving :), but I feel that there is no better place than TMC to forward sustainable transportation and generally have a great discussion.