Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, OR - Kruse Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
I figured that it was time to start the location specific thread now that we know where the Eugene/Springfield Supercharger will be.

The address is 919 Kruse Way, Springfield, OR. It's in the Holiday Inn Parking Lot (Not the HI Express nearby). There will be 8 charging bays as confirmed be the AKD foreman I spoke with today.They were their with the locating crews trying to figure out where all the various utility lines were. The three guys working from ADK were quite nice and very curious about my Model S. I probably spent about 20 minutes answering their questions about the car and company. One of them took a bunch of pictures of my car.

They couldn't give me time-table for when it will come online and didn't know where the next one was going to be but he did hint that they're simply working their way South while some other crew was working North in California. I'll try and keep everyone updated as they make progress.

IMG_1546.jpg

As pointed out in the other thread, there's a pretty strong list of places nearby to get a bite to eat or cup of coffee

I figured that it was time to start the location specific thread now that we know where the Eugene/Springfield Supercharger will be.

Great Idea. It'll help us keep things in one place :smile:

The three guys working from ADK were quite nice and very curious about my Model S. I probably spent about 20 minutes answering their questions about the car and company. One of them took a bunch of pictures of my car.

Awesome! Going to have to make sure some of those pictures end up on this thread. That is, if it's OK with you Lyon?

I'm surprised that we haven't seen a photo update on the Eugene/Springfield SC.... Since it's right in town, I thought this would be updated daily. Does this mean the rate of progress is slower than Woodburn and others? Also, has anyone confirmed activity on SC's to the south?

Sorry, I've been slacking. We had a baby 10 days ago and I've been somewhat busy/sleep deprived. I'll try and get down there tomorrow for some photos.

Oh, and that's my car in those photos... it's blue.

With the NEMA 14-50 at the Red Lion in Redding CA for an overnight stop, it should be possible after these two new Oregon SC stations are complete.

Grants Pass OR to Redding CA is 176 miles
Redding CA to Folsom CA is 184 miles

Except that getting to Redding from Seattle is almost 600 miles, not something I would want to do in one day. No, I think Mt. Shasta, Vacaville, and Corning are also needed for a reasonable, all supercharger trip from Seattle to the Bay Area or Folsom.

Except that getting to Redding from Seattle is almost 600 miles, not something I would want to do in one day. No, I think Mt. Shasta, Vacaville, and Corning are also needed for a reasonable, all supercharger trip from Seattle to the Bay Area or Folsom.

I have done 800 miles in one day before (many times to visit parents house), so I think 600 miles for Seattle to Redding CA would be easy in a Model S with a few Supercharger stops in there.

You are all going the wrong way!
299 to the coast! then it is prettty

need superchargers in Crescent city and Arcata + Ukiah

Thanks for mentioning that. Now that I look at the map, going over to 101 after Grants Pass might work. There seems to be a few hotels on the coast that have EV recharging. Then it would be an easy drive on day 2 to make it to the San Francisco bay area and Supercharger regions.