Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this sound? (video link)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when I open the door to get into my Model S, I hear these three "ding" sounds. I'm pretty sure that nothing has happened to my car while unattended. It happens in my garage at home occasionally, so the alarm hasn't gone off.

They are different from the alert noises made when both pedals are depressed. They happen before I am fully seated and before I have stepped on any pedals.

The video is from my dashcam. You'll hear the doors unlock, two doors open and then the "ding" sounds.

Model S door opening sounds - YouTube

Sometimes when I open the door to get into my Model S, I hear these three "ding" sounds. I'm pretty sure that nothing has happened to my car while unattended. It happens in my garage at home occasionally, so the alarm hasn't gone off.

They are different from the alert noises made when both pedals are depressed. They happen before I am fully seated and before I have stepped on any pedals.

The video is from my dashcam. You'll hear the doors unlock, two doors open and then the "ding" sounds.

Model S door opening sounds - YouTube

In short, it's the key fob being accidentally pressed while you are getting into the car. See the following link:
2 or 3 welcome chimes on entry?

Its telling you that your trying to lock the car but the door is open. One chime is "LOCK", two chimes is "UNLOCK", THREE chimes, Door open, not locking......Try it when sitting in your drivers seat and hit the buttons 1 click, and double click with door open.