Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is now the time or WAIT?

Is now the time or WAIT?

I walked into the Short Hills Showroom amazed by the car, esp. about what I had heard over the last several weeks.

I'm thinking of getting the Tesla-S (85b) and some upgrades for around 94K; I will finance and definitely sell the car back to the CEO in 3 years!

A few questions:

• is it too early?
    • are there still bugs?
    • initial thoughts on the car for first-time buyers?
    • is it worth waiting for the AWD in Northern NJ?
    • i heard about battery issues in the car, i.e. if you have a wet rainjacket or coat, it could shut down the battery?
    • how has customer service been for several of you?
    • have many of you already bought the car as your primary vehicle or just added it to the few you may already have?

Thanks!

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    • is it too early?

I have 5031 and it's been great. They are up to 20,000+ now.

• are there still bugs?

There are still bugs in cars from companies that have been in existence for years. My car has really been rock solid.

• initial thoughts on the car for first-time buyers?

Go for it. You won't regret it.

• is it worth waiting for the AWD in Northern NJ?

Not in my opinion. Just get four good studless snow tires and a set of four winter wheels. Nokian R2, Michelin XICE, Bridgestone Blizzak are all good choices.

• i heard about battery issues in the car, i.e. if you have a wet rainjacket or coat, it could shut down the battery?

Huh? No.

• how has customer service been for several of you?

The best ever.

• have many of you already bought the car as your primary vehicle or just added it to the few you may already have?

Primary vehicle. See the daily driver thread.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    "finance and sell back"... lease the car, you mean?

I think the early bugs are resolved and cars coming off the line in last 4 months are really nice. Now might be the sweet spot before cost cutting measures or further price increases happen. Or it could be that just before the last price increases was the best time. Either way, I only expect the firmware to get better and you might need to wait another year or two if wanting a significantly better car at any price.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

...battery issues in the car, i.e. if you have a wet rainjacket or coat, it could shut down the battery?
    Where does this stuff come from?! I mean really?! You can't make up stuff like this... oh wait, sure I suppose some sleazy car sales guy who doesn't want you to buy it - probably crank out B.S. like this all the time.

I love my car, no issues, 6,000 miles in 90 days. Best car driving dynamics by a long shot.

A "B" version, beyond what they're offering now, will only go up in price.

I have had mine since March. 12,000 miles later, not a problem other than a creak in my pano roof and a dome light that didn't work. Service dept was great, took care of it right away. I can't imagine driving anything else. No way on earth would I wait. In fact, you better get your order in now. The orders will be rolling in from Europe and China. If you don't order now, you may get your car 6 months later than you planned.
    Model S 85KWH, Grey, Pano, Tan leather, Obeche Mat, Coil suspension, twin chargers
    www.generubinaudio.com

I believe most of the bugs around production have been ironed out, and if they find other bugs more than likely it'll be software updates that are pushed to your vehicle. Jump in head first. Have fun! Let us know what you think once you pull the trigger. I don't believe I've ever met or heard a Model S owner that says "I wish I would have bought something else"... You'll share the same silly grin that is on other owners faces days, weeks, months... dear I say years later.

Banned
    Get the car.

Period.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    "finance and sell back"... lease the car, you mean? .
    No, He means finance the car and sell it back to Tesla through their buyback program. Can't lease a Tesla yet.
    Quad Tesla family Grey P85+ | Black P85 | Pearl White P85 | Silver 85 - Tesla grins come standard

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoGas View Post
    No, He means finance the car and sell it back to Tesla through their buyback program. Can't lease a Tesla yet.
    Agree with all the others. Second best purchase I've ever made
    Absolutely love the car and every time I get to sit in it and glide down the freeway........
    [-----85kwh | Gray| Black Napa | Matte Obeche | Tech | AAS| Custom Gray wheels | Twin Chargers[#17215]-----]http://www.modulus.com/renderings/tmc_me3b.jpg

Banned
    Wait, it's only going to get better.

Thread Information