Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac ELR (Converj)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autoblog article

cadillacconverjdd_09_opt.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog...onverj-concept-computer-generated-image-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Lutz says it will cost "about two Volts."

I think they'll have to upgrade the battery pack. People who buy a car that looks like that will punch it at every opportunity. Then they'll wonder where their 40 all-electric miles went. Shades of Jeremy Clarkson.

I like it too. [Walter Brennan]Now where did you young whippersnappers put my eatin' teeth?[/Walter Brennan]

Woah... a Walter Brennan reference. I get it, but I wouldn't expect the other young whippersnappers to.

Yeah, I agree about more battery capacity. Do we know the cost of their batteries? A few extra kWh's, even if people don't use it often, would help consumers swallow the price differential.

Woah... a Walter Brennan reference. I get it, but I wouldn't expect the other young whippersnappers to.

Yeah, I agree about more battery capacity. Do we know the cost of their batteries? A few extra kWh's, even if people don't use it often, would help consumers swallow the price differential.

I remember they made a rebuttal to the claim that they are $1000/kWh by saying they are many hundreds less per kWh.

Our Real-World Learnings Differ From CMU Study | GM FastLane

Taking Elon's claim of a $36k replacement cost for the 53kWh pack in the Roadster puts the Roadster battery price (not necessarily the same as cost for Tesla) at $680/kWh.

Last edited:

This was always the direct competitor to the Fisker Karma, If GM can pull it off, then that would damage the karma far worse than the Model S ever could.

GM already has the Volt at a 0-60 time of 8.5 seconds, shave off another .6 second in ev mode and it matches the Karma exactly. Get 5.6 in "sport mode" which is easily achievable (the karma uses a GM engine). I'm betting GM can do it and with less weight.