Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheel installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you already have the wheels? Can I ask what model wheels you got?

Make sure you have the appropriate lug nut style to go with the aftermarket wheel. I've read on this forum that some of the Tesla SC's won't install non-Tesla wheels for owners. I don't think it's any issue; so if neither of the two local SC's install them, you can take the wheels to your local Discount Tires, NTB, or even Firestone service centers. Discount Tires and NTB, may charge you to take off the OEM's wheels and mount your aftermarket tire/wheel combo....but with that charge, you should get a tire balance to go along.

If you can't find a local tire shop to mount them, as long as the tires are mounted to the wheels and they have already been balanced and you have the proper lug nuts, come out to my place and I can swap them on for you in my garage (I have all the tools needed to do so).

Another thing to remember is that with your aftermarket set, is that you may have to reuse your tire pressure sensors(or get another set of them and have them programmed by Tesla SC). Once I get my set of aftermarket wheels, I probably will just take the original sensors and fit them into a sealed and pressurized pipe to fool the monitor.