Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Killington, Vermont - Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, I find myself, quite comically, starting The Spartan Beast this weekend, somehow as an Elite Runner in the World Championship. I am neither Elite nor World Champion, nor am I even much of a runner. I do believe it is a clerical error. But there we have it. I'm in.

Looking to charge right at Killington Mountain, Vermont. Any leads, New Englanders and NY Vacationers?
Once the White River Junction SC is in this Winter, this will be a breeze - meantime, help appreciated, and if anyone want s to run a 15 mile mountain military race Saturday morning, just let me know...

PM me please if you you can help - thanks much.

18,400 miles today. The car - not me.

I know somebody with a condo at Killington, but it's on the second floor and pretty sure it wouldn't work.

Some options to consider, although not ideal:
I know a couple of Model S owners in Hanover NH with HPWCs - not sure it they're set for 60 or 80A - about 5 min north of White River Jct. They're not on PlugShare but I'm pretty sure at least one of them would let you charge if I asked. One of them used to be a neighbor here in Thetford.

I have 80A in Thetford, VT, about 20 min north of WRJ so a bit out of your way. I have WiFi but no cell service. I also have some great walking trails along the Ompopanoosuc River.

And lastly, our utility is trying to install a 70A J1772 station in or near Rutland, VT, which is only a few minutes from Killington, and another in Burlington, VT. Last I heard they were not up and running yet but it might be worth a call to Green Mountain Power at their Rutland office. GMP also has a 30A charger in Rutland at their office that's not on PlugShare. They might give you permission to use it.

I would call Killington and ask what they have. Even if they have nothing it would be good for them to hear that there's demand.
I don't know the RV parks around there.

Good luck in the race!

Folks, I find myself, quite comically, starting The Spartan Beast this weekend, somehow as an Elite Runner in the World Championship. I am neither Elite nor World Champion, nor am I even much of a runner. I do believe it is a clerical error. But there we have it. I'm in.

Looking to charge right at Killington Mountain, Vermont. Any leads, New Englanders and NY Vacationers?
Once the White River Junction SC is in this Winter, this will be a breeze - meantime, help appreciated, and if anyone want s to run a 15 mile mountain military race Saturday morning, just let me know...

PM me please if you you can help - thanks much.

18,400 miles today. The car - not me.

I charged in South Royalton, VT at the Vermont Law School, which has 2 J1772 chargers in their parking, on my way to Ocean City, last month.
We had a nice dinner at Old Five Tavern, a 5 min walk from there... It is 30 miles, west of Killington : Killington, VT, États-Unis à South Royalton, Royalton, VT, États-Unis - Google Maps

Another J1772 option, along hgwy 89, is in Greenfield, MA, on Miles St. Many more food options in this nice little town...

If you depend on Plugshare, don't trust it for the charger in BrattleBoro, VT, it does not work anymore.

Kudos to the Grand Hotel in Killington, VT, who informed me just a week ago that they had neither a charger nor plans for one, but - anticipating a large crowd for The Spartan Beast and receiving several more inquiries after mine regarding charging, managed to set up two chargers ready by this past Friday. Bravo!

They are only 110V, 3mi/hour, but. It's a start, a sincere effort on their part, and honestly the roughly 100 miles I charged(over 33 hours!) made my ride back easy.

Suggest: those who'd like to see a set of J1772's or NEMA 1450's out there, join me in calling this week to both offer kudos for putting in the chargers but noting politely that they are silly slow, will be ten times faster with just double the power, and as they now exist will be completely useless in the winter. Completely. I'll post the manager's ame and number here shortly.

Was nice to see it there when I pulled in.

Went to Killington today (Sunday). Nothing like 16 in of fresh, dry powder but very cold. I scouted around for charging opportunities but didn't see anything useful. There are a couple of places with 120v that might work if you parked illegally (in a reserved space) but none of the 240/207v outlets I could find were candidates due to being indoors at a restaurant and/or no way to park close enough. Fortunately I had enough range for the round trip.

Here is a reply I just got from the people at Killington in regard to my inquiries about charging:

Thank you for contacting us. We currently have a charging station at the Grand hotel and are able to charge four cars at a time. This service is primarily for hotel guests but we would be happy to assist others who need the charging station.
Sharon

Here is a reply I just got from the people at Killington in regard to my inquiries about charging:

Thank you for contacting us. We currently have a charging station at the Grand hotel and are able to charge four cars at a time. This service is primarily for hotel guests but we would be happy to assist others who need the charging station.
Sharon

Thanks for passing this along. I'm kind of curious how you charge 4 cars at a time from "a" charging station.

Sharon

Anyone try this yet? If so please add this to plugshare

lol so true. Worst case scenario I could beg henry for juice to get back home LOL :D

If you're going this weekend, let me know I'll load my skis and go with you!
I'm a little bit out of your way but not bad. Bring the adapter (Roadster connector to Model S connector) from Mat for 80A. Otherwise we'll be limited to 60A. I've been to Killington a couple times this winter. Was always in a hurry to get skiing so forgot to check up on the charging at the Grand.

If you're going this weekend, let me know I'll load my skis and go with you!
I'm a little bit out of your way but not bad. Bring the adapter (Roadster connector to Model S connector) from Mat for 80A. Otherwise we'll be limited to 60A. I've been to Killington a couple times this winter. Was always in a hurry to get skiing so forgot to check up on the charging at the Grand.

I'll email you - if you are serious , I am looking for someone to ski with the last few weekends !! Let me see if I can plan last minute.